Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't say I hate the stock mirrors, however its close. No matter what I do I can't get a clear picture behind me. I either get my shoulder and upper arm or they are so far out that they are useless.

I have thought of two options:
1) I can take the mirror apart and manufacture a new arm to push the actual mirror out to the end of the handlebar. Simple enough

2) I have found some nice looking and well made bar end mirrors. My concern with that is how to get the end caps off and will I need to replace the stock grips too. I assume to get the chrome caps of I can spin them off or does anyone know if they are "permanent"

Below is the bar end I'm looking at...probably spin it to the top of the bar.

Open to thoughts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Mirrors seem to be a trouble spot for so many riders. I know of one guy who seems to swap bikes every six months, and he replaces the mirrors on just about every bike he buys. I have no issue with the stock ones on the Valk. Not only can you adjust the lateral angle at the base, but also the vertical angle at the mirror end. Many mirrors don't offer that. They seem almost infinitely adjustable.

My CTX 1300 came with fairing mounted mirrors beneath the bars. Almost no one on that forum liked them, and they were the subject of much discussion, with most suggesting a pivot of the handlebars for better view. Personally, I don't like looking downward at mirrors like that. I want my mirrors up higher so I'm also able to see what's happening in front of me with my peripheral vision, instead of having to shift my eyes up and down from front to rear and vice versa. You can't do that as well with mirrors farther down like that. For me it's a safety thing. So when I bought the CTX, I had the dealer install bar mounted mirrors before I ever rode it off the lot. I have never even looked at the lower ones on the fairing.

But you do have a 3rd option, that being aftermarket mirrors to fit into the existing mirror mount holes. I'm sure there's something out there to fit your needs. Look around Revzilla, Ebay and Amazon for starters.

Richmonder

·
Registered
55 Posts
I won't say I hate the stock mirrors, however its close. No matter what I do I can't get a clear picture behind me. I either get my shoulder and upper arm or they are so far out that they are useless.

I have thought of two options:
1) I can take the mirror apart and manufacture a new arm to push the actual mirror out to the end of the handlebar. Simple enough

2) I have found some nice looking and well made bar end mirrors. My concern with that is how to get the end caps off and will I need to replace the stock grips too. I assume to get the chrome caps of I can spin them off or does anyone know if they are "permanent"

Below is the bar end I'm looking at...probably spin it to the top of the bar.

Open to thoughts
View attachment 12652
I put mirror extenders on my 2014 Valkyrie and problem solved and they were inexpensive. I did have to replace the stock bolt they came with for something longer but was no big deal. You can find more information on it here: Mirror modifications

·
Registered
159 Posts
I went with Napolean adjustable mirrors. Not the bar ends but the ones that bolt into the OEM holes. Decent size, adjustable and they work.
I tested barends on the Valk too. CRGs. They worked but looked ridiculous.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The more you have to move your eyes from a direct line in front the longer you aren't seeing any potential hazards.

No bar ends for me.

·
Registered
462 Posts
The more you have to move your eyes from a direct line in front the longer you aren't seeing any potential hazards.

No bar ends for me.
Exactly right. It's pure distracted driving. It's bad enough dealing with distracted drivers ourselves. It's worse when we're doing it to ourselves. A fraction of a second is all it takes. No bar ends for me either.

Richmonder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts