Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel like I am riding a 20k motorcycle with .02 cent rear view mirrors. Find it impossible to adjust them while out for a ride. I grab/tug, usually ending up loosening either the base or end nut, rendering the mirror useless for the remainder of the ride. Find myself breaking out my 17mm wrench often when returning home, endless adjusting/re-tightening. Starting to see rust at the base of one mirror also. Come on Honda...... Looking at the Kuryakyn model 1767 mirrors - in black to match blacked-out 'blue' bike. Sad to have to come off $215 to fix this, but functional mirrors are mandatory. Anybody else with me here?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Those are really nice mirrors, I like the black or tuxedo one's. And for $199 they should be much more functional than stock. But for about $80 a pair I think they work pretty good, minus the chrome issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I agree also! Really like the black/billet ones. If you get them, please post pics and your opinion on them.

Seems like Honda has been sniffing to much of their crappy clear coat as they are making cheap parts (unlike them) and want a million dollars for simple add-ons like a back rest or luggage rack... sigh.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I find the mirrors quite good, I have no problem adjusting, you have to brake the knuckle loose once, then it seems to move easier afterword. I also find the 17mm lock nut joints are great for infinite adjustment. The only issue I had were the stems are to short and I have wide shoulders. I found a cheap set of Identical mirrors on fleebay for $18. The heads were plastic, I mounted the longer stems on my metal OEM mirrors and now work perfectly for me. I am 65 so todays blackout styling is not for me, I like some chrome. I have a dark red 14.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Purchased from DennisKirk.com - $160 plus $9 English to Metric adapter - no tax free shipping. Kuryakyn direct sells retail at $200 plus adapter and tax. Hit the stock mirrors with DW40 / PB Blaster / Grease. Worked each up / down - side to side hundreds of times, rubbing off lots of chrome at the pivot point. While a little better, still can't move them to my liking. Maybe I am the only goof on this forum with this issue. Like the look and ease of adjustability of the new mirrors, but wish they had the coverage (IE size/dimensions) of stock. New mirrors will stay on.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts