Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Often times when I ride, I don't have a "gotta go here" route planned, I just point and go. I think this is one of the joys of being a solo rider and enjoy these trips to nowhere more than anything.

As I haven't had time to ride lately, rather haven't made time, I jumped on the bike this cool fall afternoon for a ride to nowhere. Layered up, fueled up, plugged in some tunes and headed west. After a few short minutes of traffic, I hit a mostly empty highway and left my life behind for a bit. No work deadlines, no honey do's, just me and this wonderfully built machine.

Trying to hold her back to a legal speed, I roll through the hills of northwest Louisiana enjoying the peace and joy of truly living. The smooth, raw power of the Valkyrie is a well known secret to anyone who rides her. Even so, I am always amazed and surprised by it, feeling like a kid on Christmas morning after he received his Red Rider BB gun.

As I roll on, my focus changes and the bike and I become one unit. With every corner I hit, the throttle twists wider, along with my smile. Pegs dragging, counter steering this big girl, blowing past traffic, **** this thing is fun. Before I know it, I approach my driveway and am sad. But that sadness is short lived as I know I can do another 100 mile lap tomorrow...

·
Registered
464 Posts
I did a hundred today exactly the way you described. It never disappoints whether riding on the wide slab with big trucksters or on the two lanes. Whatever gear, the valk is ready to rock n roll. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts