Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I completed a little simple maintenance this morning. Adjusted my throttle free-play which has been bothering me, brought it down to barely 1/16" I like it tighter than looser.
Automotive tire Automotive design Plant Motor vehicle Gas

Changed the oil and filter prematurely as usual. I enjoy spending money and time on quality consumables for my bike. Also changed out the rear drive oil. My belief is the fluids are the life blood of my motorcycle. Peace of mind for me, money well spent, I can waste money elsewhere but not on maintenance. I have tried every type of motorcycle oil wrench available, this was recommended by Farther and is by far the best/easiest especially on the Goldwing or Goldwing Valkyrie. Thanks Farther
Automotive tire Bumper Wood Office ruler Gas

I have needed to set my clock since the time change, so did that as well and while I was at it also reprogrammed the start display. I enjoy this neat little feature.

Automotive lighting Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive design

·
Registered
584 Posts
"FLAT-SIX". Love it!

I was out riding the other day and noticed my clock wasn't current with the time change. I actually had to go back and look at the thread I posted on how to change the clock!

Your bike thanks you for the fluid changes!

Richmonder

Reactions: Sixshooter

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"FLAT-SIX". Love it!

I was out riding the other day and noticed my clock wasn't current with the time change. I actually had to go back and look at the thread I posted on how to change the clock!

Your bike thanks you for the fluid changes!

Richmonder
Hahaha, I hope so. Actually, I'm hoping it rewards me with many trouble-free miles. I've got several rides planned in the near future closing out this year.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Farther, one other observation regarding the great oil filter wrench recommendation. The small end works for the rear end drain & fill plugs as well as the oil drain plug. Win, win, win (y)

I use a syringe and synthetic tubing to fill the rear differential. Works like a charm even with the bags and pipe installed. Easy peasy.
Tableware Table Drinkware Furniture Blue

1 - 4 of 4 Posts