Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't thrilled with the option of chrome or chrome for the OE luggage rack- especially as I am working to black out the bike. I also wanted something a bit lower than the Honda design. Frankly, I want it to look like an extension of the pillion. So I started working on a custom piece that would get a little black powdercoat and flow with the lines of the bike. My saddle bags also make it difficult to access the helmet lock so I bought two generic versions and they are out to get keyed the same. Here are the raw parts. Just waiting to reassemble this all prettied up.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That one is pretty bad @ss. You had the same idea with height over the fender.

·
Registered
160 Posts
That one is pretty bad @ss. You had the same idea with height over the fender.

Thanks! Now all I got to do is find a decent powder coater to get all my homemade accessories to match. I like the way I designed my rack. I can hit one button and the Givi case comes right off for times I don't want to ride with a case.

·
Registered
133 Posts
you guys are some pretty good bike plumbers .... :]

·
Registered
183 Posts
I went with the OEM. The bracketry was the cleanest for the bike. The parcel tray is chome but if that isn't your thing that chrome is thick enough that you can actually bead blast it to a satin. But I liked the chrome.
I mounted a trunk on mine Solid fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts