Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GL1800C F6C Low-tech solution for wiring the pathfinder halo lights using 4 relays to allow the amber rings to be used as turn signals.
This home made diagram mostly shows the left signal system's 2 relays and wires. connect the right side relays to the indicated blue wires in the same way. Hope this is helpful.

·
Registered
4 Posts

This sounds great. I've been wanting to pick up a set of these lights, but was bummed to see that the amber turn signals wouldn't work. I know nothing of electrical, so I apologize in advance, but how did you get around the low voltage issue that the SoCal website say is the reason these won't work on our bikes? Where does the needed power come from? Also, do you have any video of the lights working on a Valkyrie?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Valkyrie turn signals update

I have confirmed that the Honda relays used are indeed activated by the Valkyrie's lower turn signal voltage. The relays then provide the full 12V power to the halo lights
I have updated the attached diagram with more information. Relay, Honda part # 39795-MCA-000 [ used in Goldwings ]
You can even make the amber rings counter flash opposite of the Honda signals if you want.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do not understand it , but , thanks anyway :)

I have confirmed that the Honda relays used are indeed activated by the Valkyrie's lower turn signal voltage. The relays then provide the full 12V power to the halo lights
I have updated the attached diagram with more information. Relay, Honda part # 39795-MCA-000 [ used in Goldwings ]
You can even make the amber rings counter flash opposite of the Honda signals if you want.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
more information

I highly recommend using the previously listed circuit for the pathfinder lights as it will allow them to operate as though they were on a Goldwing.
However I do have a simpler circuit that will also work, but in a different way.
I use the Honda LED fog lights on my bike so I do not have the Pathfinder system. I only want to help and answer questions for the Valkyrie chaps that the product manufacturer does not.
Again I have tested the recommended Honda relays on my bike's turn signal system and they do work.
I have seen the pathfinder lights on the Goldwings and I think they look good and work good, so I would like to see them working on the Valkyrie as well!
One more thing. The amber rings will not work as 4-way flashers when the key is off. But you only asked for turn signals right?:laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I went a different route and used a light controller tapped into the post ECU wiring harness. Been working on this for months and finally got it all to come together last night.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry for the late reply! I've been busy finalizing the instructions for the install and AdMore lighting has been preparing the wiring adapter (harness) for sale.

Essentially, the harness taps into the bike wiring harness and converts the pulse signal system into a usable 12v power on off system.

The adapter can now be purchased from AdMore Lighting and works like a champion!

They have created a hidden link on their website for customers but this site won't let me post links. My post count isn't high enough. I spend nearly all my time on the other Valkyrie forum and have posted more details there.

Reactions: gr8bond007

·
Registered
31 Posts
GL1800C F6C Low-tech solution for wiring the pathfinder halo lights using 4 relays to allow the amber rings to be used as turn signals.
This home made diagram mostly shows the left signal system's 2 relays and wires. connect the right side relays to the indicated blue wires in the same way. Hope this is helpful.
Was the diagram removed? I do not see it..

Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
No diagram for me either.

These lights with turn signal was the first thing i wanted to do my new bike.

Unfortunately with import duties and postage importing from US to UK was cost prohibitive.

If there is another solution with relays i can purchase locally i would give it a try.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you purchase the Admore lighting harness, it will allow the turn signals to work. It comes with a wiring diagram.
I would feel better if the Admore provided a diagram of the actual circuit utilized. I do not like tapping into an electrical system with unknown circuits. It’s the engineer in me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm guessing by looking at the Admore harness when I installed it on my bike that this is a resistor pack . Works beautifully by the way on my Big bike parts Tridium multifunction LED fog lights !

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm guessing by looking at the Admore harness when I installed it on my bike that this is a resistor pack . Works beautifully by the way on my Big bike parts Tridium multifunction LED fog lights !
I’m thinking transistor/FET switches. But I have not explored the Valkyrie wiring yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts