Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, im deciding between a Vic and the Valk, but find the load capacity on the Valk kinda low.
I've read that the sub frame has changed from the f6b to the Valk, is that whats limiting its touring capacities or is it just the rear spring?
Would love to buy the Valk, Honda Europe cant find an answer, they dont know why there's a sticker on the tank warning about the load cap.

·
Registered
120 Posts
How much are you going to actually be carrying on the bike? Is this something that is actually going to affect your riding often?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I find 187kg load cap low.
I weigh 115kg ad a girlfriend + luggage and suddenly 187kg doesn't seem much.

·
Registered
99 Posts
The massive engine probably isn't helping matters much ;) I mean you could always fiddle with the rear shock, but who wants to do that on a new bike? Whats the Vic say?

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it is a huge problem you could get a side car or something. A bike that is more geared toward touring or adventure may be a better fit for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jup its the 187 kg that worries me.
Why do they put a warning sticker on the bike?
Is the subframe not strong enough?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am pretty sure that Honda way Under rates the load capacity.

As they don't want you to go way way over recommendation.

I have seen many people go way way beyond load capacity.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I asked at the trader's HONDA's and he(it) told me that there was no problem for the weight of the pilot(driver) but that the structure of the frame(executive) back (saddle passenger) did not allow the too heavy loads(responsibilities)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts