Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve observed less interest in conversations on this forum than all others I’ve visited. This is not at all a put-down!

I get it! This is not a full-fledged gold wing and there are not as many NEWER Valk owners as all the gold wingers out there. It is like my new-to-me bike is a step child. LOL! I don’t have a problem with this at all but do wish there were many more owners visiting and commenting here.

I have attempted to stir up chatter with various new threads but they putter out. Still, not a surprise.

I like watching the new owners coming here, all excited, pulling up older threads and commenting, wanting to talk about their new toy. That is still me too y’all! It’s kind of like Christmas every time I get on it.

Hey! I know there are a number of people snooping around… checking in not seeing anything gets their interest and then checking out.

I wish at times the folders were itemized in such a way so that all who visit here could see what’s available as topics of interests. Again, not a problem and may not make a difference.

These machines have been around since 2014 and here it is 2019 so all I can do is ride, pop in here and out, and wait until I have good question or a comment. In the meantime guys/girls, let’s see what you got to say about your machine or the weather or your dog or maybe your wives or a near miss or just something good that happened to you or not.

p.s. if you live near Clinton/Jackson, Ms and want to ride, let me know. I'm a prolific solo rider but willing to bend a little.

·
Registered
487 Posts
In my case it's winter and the cycles are undercover so not too much to say.
I did notice some shredded paper under my Valkyrie so I set a trap and the next day I got a mouse.
Two weeks later no sign of anymore. Thank God.
I did put dryer sheets by the motor and in the exhaust pipes. On my F6B a few years ago a mouse got into some dog food and jamed it into the bike on top of the motor it was a big job to clean up that mess. (dog food is stored in the house now)
My garages are newer and tight so I didn't know how they get in, but they don't need much room to get in just small crack.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Unfortunately the universe of 2014/2015 owners is on the small side.. I have a k1600 and Roadstar and both of those bikes have sold well for a number of years and both have large community of owners/forums very busy comparatively.. I just got my Valk 2 weeks ago so hopefully will have some mods/info to share..

·
Registered
82 Posts
One of the things that drew me to this bike was that it is different from anything else on the market. I suspect many of us that have purchased them are in the same boat. As such, I have seen traffic on this site increase in recent history due to more folks discovering the value of the Valkyrie and it's well rounded ease of riding. I visit this site daily, just seeing what's and/or who is here. DillPickle311, like you I am a prolific solo rider. I wonder how many of us are solo riders and maybe somewhat introverted with not a lot to say. Maybe we should add a ride report section or something and share our stories and pics? I am blessed to live next door in Louisiana and get to ride year round. I try to do so as often as life allows. Maybe we can meet up sometime for a ride.

My $0.02 for what's it's worth.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I quite like these forums. All different sections which I refer to from time to time and there is no BS that goes on here so hat tip to the admin/mods. I post if I have something to say, I post videos when I have something to share. Best I can do :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey! This is good... you talk about whats going on.

It was 45° in Clinton, Ms. yesterday after I got off work. This is a tad cold but I still had to ride for a little while. I wrapped up pretty good and took off. Not bad at all with the shield although fingers always get cold. So for about hour and a half I got my fix and went to the house. Loved every minute. I figure if I can ride in near 100° whats 45°.

The bike is dirty but I'm not attempting to wash it until better temps and sun.

I read the Valky comparison to the Diavel and V-max last night. The consensus is what I expect. The reviewers like it but its boring compared to the others umph. The Valky is perfect for what it is designed for and of course this is most likely why so many still fairly fresh bikes are out there to be had.

I've had my fun with some of the other bikes I've owned and have now matured into this relationship... like talking about my experience with all my women. Ha! 0:)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DillPickle311, like you I am a prolific solo rider. I wonder how many of us are solo riders and maybe somewhat introverted with not a lot to say.
I'm basically a loner that loves people. Love em and hate em! :D

My thinker is always working so the riding is similar to dreaming. It provides an opportunity to sort out my thoughts, direction my life is going and so on, and I get home in a great mood.

I can do a La ride sometimes. Hey! In the rural areas around me, they are actually re-paving the roads. Love riding them now. In the city however, Jackson to be specific, roads are crap. I hit a pothole could not see a few weeks ago in my car and busted the right front tire... was on the way to work.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been reading about the new HD Livewire electric bike and everyone is saying Harley messed up. I believe the big dogs really blew it this time. I was hoping this would be a great boost but if you look at the specs and pricing, it's pretty obvious going to be a failure.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks Jack. I saw a few interesting comments. You know it's sort of a shame that some valky owners are having to take it upon themselves to design and build various accessories due to Honda not providing a real choice for this machine. Just like the hard bags. Those boogers are real expensive. The highway OEM highway pegs are just little sticks that flip out for $400.

I just don't have the change due to son in college, still paying on daughters wedding, paying loan on moms new long awaited car and so on.I just feel lucky to have the valk. I think by the time I've almost worn it out I'll be able to get all the extras.

How would you like to ride this road?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Solo Rider

I ride almost daily as I use a motorcycle to commute...My NT700 has 105,000 miles on it in six years. I am about to put it on craigslist. I have a blue Valk (faster then other colors) and am about to turn 3000 miles. I miss the paniers that the Honda NT700 had. Right now I am using a back pack to carry my extras to work. I ride in almost all weather, I will ride in the Texas Wind, Texas Cold, Texas Rain and Texas Heat. I won't ride in Texas Wind and Texas Rain combo as it get too dangerous. My hardest ride was in Texas wind 25 mph with up 45 mile gust. My dad taught me how to ride and told me I was the invisible man and no one in cars could see me so I must predict what they might do and ride accordingly.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would love to ride that. Where is it?
I was on this road a few times, it's close to Palm Spring Ca

·
Registered
133 Posts
not a lot to say about the bike because it is trouble free for me. probably will do my 1st oil change in the spring as i only have 3100 miles on it now.

I do short rides about every day and love this bike but it is the engine and drive train that does it for me and that drooping tag and light monstrosity had to go = my 4th wing btw . pic from today

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JackB,

Nice pics. That one I posted I found online and think it was from Italy.

I've never been in the smokies on a bike and this is finally the one that will get me there... eventually!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Talk slows down this time of year. My Valk is out in the Shed in it's Pup Tent. Bought a new cell phone holder and a bigger foot for the sidestand. Also I'm going to replace both tires in the spring. I'll pull the wheels and take them in to the shop. A bit of coffee an BS and ready to go.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Thanks for the thread

I have been riding motorcycles for about 40 years off and on. I love to ride and find that this one of the true joys and stress reliefs in my life. I have owned my Valkyrie for 1 week tomorrow. I have always wanted to own a Goldwing and like the touring bikes. However, I have too many irons in the fire to own a fully dressed Goldwing.

A couple years ago, I decided I wanted to try something different (mistake) and traded my motorcycle for a Can-Am Spyder. The Can-Am is a great product and a very loyal owners group. After 2 years I had enough and took one ont he backside and traded the Spyder to get my semi-dream (now dream) bike. The forums with Can-Am Spyders are buzzing with traffic and topics to read daily. I have been somewhat disappointed finding very little information, videos, DIY projects and how-to videos about the Valkyrie. None-the-less, I really enjoy this bike and I am in the process of fixing up (adding to) my Valkyrie to make it tour ready.

One of the things I like about the Valkyrie is that there is not a full fairing on the front. I like having protections but not from 100 percent of the wind. I have added a spit-fire windshield and it keeps the wind resistance off of my chest. I am in the process of fabrication a passenger back-rest because I am not paying $240.00 for OEM. I will post pictures when I am done. Finding after-market accessories has been a challenge to say the least. I am also adding tour bags but I bough the OEM brackets. One way or the other, I will get my Touring Goldwing.

Nice to meeting everyone.

I live in Brownsboro Texas if anyone is ever down in the Dallas area. Lets ride.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I like having protections but not from 100 percent of the wind
Yep! Why own one if you don't want wind?

I laugh at guys looking for various wind shields and wind deflectors... just take the freaking car. :laugh:

The bugs in summer and the rocks from out of nowhere are my reasons for having a shield. I've had bumble bees(or red wasps) get in my helmet and almost wrecked. Those demons hurt like crazy.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts