Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The valk has not started a couple of times, solution was to turn the kill switch off then on again.

Now I have noticed that a medium tap with one finger to the kill switch will shut the engine down!

That can't be right...also might be dangerous if I hit a sharp bump....

Can anyone else confirm if this is an issue with your F6C?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yup, if I push in on the bottom of my kill switch it will kill the bike. Then it takes forever to get it to start. Lots of flipping, cussing, and general disappointment.

Honda has always made lame starter buttons I put four different starter buttons on my VTX1800 before I sold it.

·
Registered
374 Posts
That's sounds like a part I'd buy and have as a spare in the garage just incase. Or BS your local service adviser and get a spare under warranty.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Did you test it? Push down on the bottom of your kill switch while it's idling..... see what happens.

Maybe it only affects certain years/models. Mine is a 2014 non-abs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you test it? Push down on the bottom of your kill switch while it's idling..... see what happens.

Maybe it only affects certain years/models. Mine is a 2014 non-abs
2014 with ABS has the problem, although I seem to be able to push down on it fine, only cuts out when I tap it medium-hard with my finger.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had similar problem on my CB750. As cheap solution, before part replacement - spray WD40 in it and the issue should go away for some time. Heard about the same issue with cb1100.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've had Three Shadows, Three Valkyries, one 750/4 and a CBX 1000 that I took out from my brother-in-law and never had trouble with any of them. Now my Triumph 750 Bonneville was the Prince of Darkness an electoral PITA

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm not particularly worried myself as I never use it. I just shut my bike of with the kickstand when riding or with the key if it's just sitting there idling. So I never even touch mine on purpose.

My only complaint was when I hit mine and cut the bike off, I was in traffic. Luckily I was in a turning lane waiting on a really long left turn light. It took about two-three minutes of cycles the switch, turning the key on and off, etc. before mine started again.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just spoke to Honda Customer service. 866-784-1870
My problem was documented. I was told that the initial step is to contact my dealer. They would check it out and fix whatever and document that with Honda. He advised me to have all owners to call customer support to report this problem. Typical chain of complaints.>:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I learned not to use the kill switch on most any motorcycle ,
Just got in the habit of using the side stand or the key as it avoids problems

·
Registered
497 Posts
Interesting. Mine cuts out if I push on it but I have no worries with it otherwise. I use that switch from time to time so at this point I consider this a point of interest but not an issue.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Come on guys, the problem is not whether you use the switch to turn off the bike. The problem is that if the bike turns off by hitting it by mistake or you hit a pothole, or even from simple vibration it's a safety hazard. Honda suggested that we see the dealer and it would be fixed and documented. Does somebody have to suffer a serious injury or die before we as a group complain about this situation? It amazes me how many people were bitching about a stupid tire, but when it comes to your safety and the safety of others there is nothing other than complacency!
OK, rant off.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My thoughts exactly goldstar, this is a safety issue first and foremost. Gotta say I'm also a little peeved that Honda would use a sub standard part on a premium model. Hope there are no other corners cut elsewhere on the bike.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Come on guys, the problem is not whether you use the switch to turn off the bike. The problem is that if the bike turns off by hitting it by mistake or you hit a pothole, or even from simple vibration it's a safety hazard. Honda suggested that we see the dealer and it would be fixed and documented. Does somebody have to suffer a serious injury or die before we as a group complain about this situation? It amazes me how many people were bitching about a stupid tire, but when it comes to your safety and the safety of others there is nothing other than complacency!
OK, rant off.
LOL you keep ranting my friend, it is actually good advice :)

However after all the drama and bullshit just trying to get a tire (not to mention the so called dangerous one on the front that they put on and I apparently should pay to fix) I can pretty well say I got zero chance of getting something like that fixed. Love the bike, pity it is connected with Honda Australia.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Shrubbo, I feel for you, man! I don't know what I would do if I were in your shoes. Frustrating! On another note, if I recall, you sure gave that front tire a go! Some guy (hint, hint, say no more, say no more, wink, wink) in a video did some peg scraping on that tire! LOL! >:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts