Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Granted nothing is officially official, however there have been some internet grumblings about the rears on 2015 Goldwing Models.

There was a recent recall issued by American Honda with the NHTSA which outlines a recall of 126,000 Goldwings for a rear brake issue that would see the rear brake continuing to "stick" even after the lever has been released.

Since dragging the rear brake could cause a crash, and because the added heat generation could cause a fire (four instances have already occurred), Honda has recalled the Goldwing, though has not determined a remedy at this time for the situation
The recall affects GL1800's built between 2001 and 2010 and GL1800A's built between 2001 and 2005. As mentioned while nothing is officially official I have heard at least one story of a 2014 F6 bursting into flames as a result of a sticking rear calliper.

Again nothing is imminent for any 2014 F6 models however do keep tabs on your rears just in case and make noise should an issue arise. We'll see shortly if the issue plagues the 14's shortly enough...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sticky brakes doesn't sound nice at all and at certain points could be dangerous. I hope that they get this fixed.

"Bursting into flames"?!

That is never a good thing.

I don't understand how nothing is "officially official" yet there is a recall being ordered on them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts