Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of test rides and thinking about it for months I finally took the plunge and bought the Valkyrie. I live in Independence, Ohio so it will be awhile before I can actually enjoy riding the bike. At one time I had a 1999 Valkyrie Interstate, which I always enjoyed but since I'm retired and older the lighter 2014 Valkyrie suits me better these days. I should also ad that I have a 2008 Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe which I am keeping thanks to having an understanding and great wife.

I will be needing to purchase a windshield that provides a lot of protection from the wind and would like some recommendations as to what may work well. Does anyone have any experience with the Honda OEM tall windshield for the bike?

Any comments and help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
45 Posts
Don't have any recommendations on the windshield but congrats on the bike. I bought mine last summer and road the s*** out of it until it got cold. Great bike!

·
Registered
402 Posts
I have been experimenting with a bunch of windscreens.
I tried the Memphis Fats Demon which was not tall enough.
A generic ATV windshield that I modified and that ended up not being tall enough, but wide enough.
Finally, I bought a tall windshield for a full wing and cut it to the size I wanted. Height was good, but it was too wide. I cut the sides down and now I just have to wait until spring to re-try it. :D

·
Registered
497 Posts
Man I would hate to have your winters. I freeze and I hate it in winter here but I still ride every week, the thought of not being able to ride for months? Horror!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I will be needing to purchase a windshield that provides a lot of protection from the wind and would like some recommendations as to what may work well. Does anyone have any experience with the Honda OEM tall windshield for the bike?

Any comments and help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Congrats, I have the blue one (no abs option) and love it. As for windshields, I bought the 12" gustaffson and it works well. I do have some buffeting on the top of my helmet but not too bad. Although, I'm 5'6" so if you're tall, that's probably not gonna work for you. I have no experience with the oem shield.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've tried the usual suspects and the Honda Tall works the best for me. Congrats on buying an awesome motorcycle. I've had mine since last May and its my favorite bike ever. And God knows (and the wife) I've had my share.

·
Registered
76 Posts
On 10-22-16 I installed the Honda tall wind shield. It is by far the strongest handle bar mount screen that I know of. I think that paying the higher price of the Honda accessory was wise this time. 120mph no problem. Great wind protection on the 40 mile test ride. Helmet visor up the whole way. { air temp. 64F }

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the great feedback on the stock shield. I am 6'2'' with a 32 inch inseam, so I think the OEM shield is the one I am going to buy.
Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got the stock screen on my 2014 red one and it does a great job but I do have an issue with it. At 6'1" I have to be very upright to look over the top of it and generally, in my usual slouch position, I'm using the top 3 or 4" of the screen. So, no problem in the fine weather but in wet, overcast conditions it really does cut down your vision and I can't be gloving the rain every 5 minutes. I've been out with lines stuck on the screen and decided that 2.1/2" will have to come off. That's my next project and I'll report back on any increase of buffeting etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
On 10-22-16 I installed the Honda tall wind shield. It is by far the strongest handle bar mount screen that I know of. I think that paying the higher price of the Honda accessory was wise this time. 120mph no problem. Great wind protection on the 40 mile test ride. Helmet visor up the whole way. { air temp. 64F }

Funny you said that. When I took my test ride I'd been riding for about 15 minutes. Interstate, some backroads and then realized I had never pulled my visor down. That pretty much tells the story there. I love mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too like the Honda OEM. Good wind protection in the face area. A little bit of updraft but nice in warm weather. I looked at adding the wind deflectors but they did not look good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats. I had several 1520 Valks and loved them. But the 1832 is just right: not too heavy and not too light; not too tall and not too short; not too fast and not too slow. It is just what I had in mind for an everyday rider. Some old pics are in the gallery, under Troy, but they do not show the Xm and Nav.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts