Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Was easy to install, I think I used some soapy water to remove the existing grips easily.

I also wanted to ask people who have them how do you guys like them?

I must say don't like them, I find them very firm and the pads are not actually acting as pads (because the grip diameter seems too small)?: and yes, I bought the right diameter. I used to have them on my Shadow and they were so comfortable, now I feel they are less comfortable on the Valk than the original grips, and I am considering switching to cheap foam tubes that worked well on one of my previous bikes.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was easy to install, I think I used some soapy water to remove the existing grips easily.

I also wanted to ask people who have them how do you guys like them?

I must say don't like them, I find them very firm and the pads are not actually acting as pads (because the grip diameter seems too small)?: and yes, I bought the right diameter. I used to have them on my Shadow and they were so comfortable, now I feel they are less comfortable on the Valk than the original grips, and I am considering switching to cheap foam tubes that worked well on one of my previous bikes.
I did them on my old sabre but that was years ago and there was videos on it but I think it is different on the Valkyrie.

I don't think the accelerator grip is attached by the switch housing like before.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also your grips on the shadow were probably 7/8" where as the Valk is 1" they maybe why you feel the difference.

·
Registered
43 Posts
You just need to use a flat knife or something similar and spray soapy water and it should be fine.
The pads were soft on the shadow, but on the Valk they are stretched outwards and don't provide any cushion... and I did order the bigger size, so it should have been good. That's why I'm also asking others here what they think about it... Fortunately, I haven't done long rides yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I installed them and it went as easy as on my last bike lol but the left grip seemed a little harder to get on.

I suggest if anyone does it, sand the bar well and leave it rough and then slide the grip on dry a few times to loosen up the rubber pads a bit because that black widow glue ain't no joke.

Without the grips my left hand would start to tingle and go numb after about 100 miles but with the grip I have not had any issues so far.

·
Super Moderator
187 Posts
So I installed them and it went as easy as on my last bike lol but the left grip seemed a little harder to get on.

I suggest if anyone does it, sand the bar well and leave it rough and then slide the grip on dry a few times to loosen up the rubber pads a bit because that black widow glue ain't no joke.

Without the grips my left hand would start to tingle and go numb after about 100 miles but with the grip I have not had any issues so far.
I’ve had these in several bikes and loved them. If you haven’t done it yet, I highly recommend a throttle boss on the throttle side. It lets you relax your grip even more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve had these in several bikes and loved them. If you haven’t done it yet, I highly recommend a throttle boss on the throttle side. It lets you relax your grip even more.
Yeah I was looking at that so I am taking it that the end caps come off of the grips in order to install it?

·
Super Moderator
187 Posts
Yeah I was looking at that so I am taking it that the end caps come off of the grips in order to install it?
Yup, end caps are held on with 4 little hex screws. Throttle boss sits between the grip and the cap, it comes with slightly longer screws to replace the originals. The screw holes in the throttle boss are elongated so you can adjust it exactly to your liking. It will probably take a few rides and a little bit of fiddling to get it just where you want it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts