Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just asking why there seems to be two names for this bike. Is it a Valkyrie or a F6C? Does the F6C name signify anything?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Valkyrie name has been around for a while now. It was first manufactured in 1996, and I like it. A Valkyrie is from Norse mythology. She is a female figure that decides who lives and dies on the battle field. I think the name does a good job of combining aggressive warrior themes with stylish abstract notions of spirits, mythology, and beauty. I'm a fan of the name.

Good to know about the reasoning behind the F6C name though. I guess that is the technical name while Valkyrie is the street name.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Put like that with the history behind it that you brought up, it does mean a lot. It would also be hard for them to change the name, not ideal given how long it's been used for,.

·
Registered
99 Posts
LOL, Valkyrie has nothing to do with Norse Gods and everything to do with Airplanes. Thats how Honda names their bikes...

THIS is the Valkyrie:

They named the CB1100 Super Blackbird after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird
The Hawk GT was named after a small fighter
The Nighthawk named after the F-117 Stealth Bomber...

·
Registered
99 Posts
that is good to know as I did not know that

Is the Valkyrie plane still in use today ??
no it was retired back in '69. It was pretty much an aeronautics study, plus the shift from high altitude bombing to low level penetration made its use superfluous.

but it was big, it was burly and it was **** powerful. Made use of six engines and was one of the first plane to move at Mach 3+ speeds...

appropriate nick name for the F6C i'd say :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts