Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and bought myself a set of black F6B rear saddlebag guards to see if I could install them on the Valk. The ones on the F6B are installed horizontally, but there is nothing on the Valk to bolt them to, like that.

I took off the plastic cover and noticed that there is a place to bolt something to the frame. You can see the hole in the top-center of the picture just below the fender.

I decided to put them on an angle and welded up some brackets to hold the one end and bolted it to the mounting spot under the plastic cover.

I connected the other side to the exhaust mount with a 1/4" spacer to keep the guard away from the exhaust.

I put the bags back on and they look pretty good.

They are on pretty good and will protect the bags if the bike falls over. In a crash, well, I doubt much will stay on anyways. It was a good project to keep me busy over the holidays and the guards were cheap. I got them on eBay for $34.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well done! I think it looks pretty factory. Have you tried to gently lay the bike down (on carpet or something) to see if they extend far enough out to do the job? Looks like they are just long enough? I really didn't think I'd like them when I read your post, but your pics looked great. Thanks for sharing the idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts