Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Valkyrie in Maryland where it appears they don't have state inspections, but I live in Virginia where I will soon need to get the Valkyrie inspected. I don't want them slathering the sticker on a front shock, so I want to invest in a sticker plate. Anyone have one on their Valkyrie? I am looking for the best place to mount, and any suggestions on which one to get.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yes they sale the stainless plates just about everywhere. here's two pics I refused to put them in the tubes also. I put it on the left side so when I come on the base in the morning the guards can see it.
You can find them cheaper than this but not much. If you have skills and the tools you could just cut one out of stock. and I pounded my out flat.
http://www.bikebandit.com/aftermark...msr-inspection-and-registration-sticker-plate

http://www.dirtcheapmotorcycleparts.com/Biker's%20Choice-STATE%20INSPECTION%20STICKER%20MOUNT%20PLATES-detail.htm?productId=7772222

Ok that's enough ☺

·
Registered
216 Posts
Most people I know, who do it because they're in the military, make their own.

Take a thin piece of aluminum,bend it in an "L," and cut some slots in it. Then take a radiator hose and split it. Wrap it around the fork lower and attach the bracket with hose clamps.

Then if you have inside mounted inspection stickers you can cut a piece plexiglass (or even any plastic like of a soda bottle) and screw it to the plate.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Mine is on the right down tube. IMO not that big of a deal.

Besides, in Pennsylvania the sticker must be mounted to the motorcycle, not on a bolted on plate.
( That's what I was told where I get my bike inspected.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of the ones I like cannot be removed unless the sticker is removed first, so that has to be destroyed to remove it. Kinda clever...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Virginia's inspection law requires that the sticker be placed on a (emphasis here) permanent part of the bike. That implies to me essentially the fork or the frame. I had one of my VTX's outfitted with an inspection sticker plate, and my neighborhood mechanic gave me a bit of pushback on it because it was easily removeable. But they'll generally let you do it. Of course, the ease of removing it also means it's easily STOLEN. Of course, in Virginia, we may soon not have to do annual inspections, as our governor is looking to eliminate the requirement, much to the objection of the auto service industry. I've always kind of liked the requirement, as it keeps me in good repair, thereby avoiding a mechanical pullover by police, and makes the road a bit safer. It almost killed me to put my first inspection sticker on my CTX, but I've since gotten over it.

Richmonder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts