Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
One of the things that makes motorcycling so great is that it never fails to give you a feeling of freedom and adventure.” (Steve McQueen)

The “never fails” bit is what struck me. So true. No matter how many years or how many miles, every ride still excites. The question is: why? The answer is: who cares! It friggin’ does! Done deal 😀.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Throttle therapy!

Richmonder

Reactions: Buster and rkroden

·
Registered
343 Posts
This is so true for me personally. No matter what kind of day I've had, no matter what my problems or concerns are, I always feel better after either a ride in the wind on two wheels or a spirited drive in a top-down sports car. Without fail. Why, Geepers, you ask? Like you said, it doesn't matter, which is the point and the beauty of it. I have noticed, however, that although I always feel better afterwards, I rarely have solved the problem that I needed relaxing from in the first place! But I do admit that the odds are at least a little bit better for solving those issues when I'm not so up-tight and cranky! Either way, "win-win"!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I ride to and from work (and everywhere else I can). Steve is correct on the excitement.
You reminded me about how I used to ride to my office in the Chicago suburbs any day that didn't have rain in the forecast or where I'd have to maybe wear a suit or have to take a client somewhere, when I'd take the car. It was about a 40 minute ride/drive, if no delays, but I always felt that when I was taking my car I was already at work as soon as I sat behind the wheel, and I never really left work until I pulled into my driveway, 40 minutes after I left the office. That was like "working" (it's a mindset, after all) an extra hour and 20 minutes each day I "had" to take the car. And it was a nice car, too, but when I got to ride I never thought about work except for the actual time I was in my office. Too dangerous thinking about anything but staying alive when riding in Chicago freeway traffic with cagers and semis to the left, right, fore and aft of me! I'd always arrive to work exhilarated instead of just tense, and when I'd ride up into my driveway after work I had lost all of the day's tension behind me somewhere. Throttle therapy, indeed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts