Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I copped some stick here on the 4'um last time I raised this but thought I'd update y'all anyways...

Ox (and Poncho I must say) has got me going on the long distance rides and I wanted a one piece suit as it seems to me they're the best option for that sort of caper. Choice basically comes down to Aerostich or Motoport. I went with the Motoport:

https://www.motoport.com/product/ultra-trek-air-mesh-suit/

Expensive, yes. But should get MANY years out of it and the build spec is very hard to beat IMO. Short of Valentino Rossi racing leathers at $8,000, I reckon these things are pretty much as good as it gets if you're gonna slide along asphalt at 100kmh or hit a roo. Makes you look like a complete doofus? Yep. Care? Nup. At this stage of my life I just want to keep all my bits in place.

Whaddyathunk?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I got me going on the long distance rides and I wanted a one piece suit as it seems to me they're the best option for that sort of caper. Choice basically comes down to Aerostich or Motoport. I went with the Motoport: Whaddyathunk?
geeps, you asked. For riding in Cold Weather, that one piece would be the ticket,, say anywhere north of the 49th parallel, aka Canukistan et al. As for summer riding in around near desert terrain, I prefer pieces and layers. that I can peel off and apply as necessary to the terrain.. I do (did) a fair amount of long distance mc traveling ~ .5m miles / 20yrs. have endured countless elements. So its just my style to be flexible on attire to control body heat and fatigue.. Yes , impact protection is a consideration. I try NOT to. that decision is not always in my wheelhouse. so I try to stay out of cities and traffic.

But that is one sexy looking onezie (sp). and would keep road rash to a minimum. poncho

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have some Motoport gear from when I was an MSF instructor and got a discount from them. It's good gear.

Reactions: Geepers
1 - 3 of 3 Posts