Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been riding the bike a lot. I am a Rider/mechanic for 38 yrs. I Changed the WAY to soft fork springs around 12,000 mi, This makes bike work way better.15 wt fork oil- Too. Latter on changed to the progressive suspension heavy duty rear shock spring for the reg gl1800,Other than heated grips bike is stock,Seat even!No windshield.I stay on back roads under 65mph mostly. This winter I will do a big maintenance on it, Repack steering head brgs,swing arm and shock link- lube drive shaft [email protected] valve clearance,I changed brake and clutch fluid 2 times allready,coolant 1 time.50 mpg every tank!;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Interesting info on the suspension changes.

I was thinking that my Valk was a tad too harsh over bumps (not bad at all, but I've had previous bikes that absorbed the bumps better and were still very composed and sporty) a proper set of progressive springs front and rear would likely help, but 15w fork oil is not too heavy?

Let us know how the valve clearance check goes, how difficult the job is and if you had to adjust anything, looking forward to more info!

Tazmool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts