Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty frustrated at the prices($300) being charged for Rivco, Kuryakyn, and other vendors for highway pegs for our machines.

I ordered some very nice chrome ones($59) that did not fit because the clamps were too big. The specs said it would work for our bikes. I see now that size 1.25 is to big. Returned them today.

$300 is a rip off. I want to stretch out so bad but this is ridiculous.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yah gets what you pay for unfortunately. I like the Rivcos. I especially liked them when I pulled them out of the box. CnC goodness. I liked them on the bike because they look like part of the bike folded. I also like the fact that they won't kill me by digging into the ground though the ends of them are scraped up a bit ;)

I agree the price is high but honestly when I pulled them out of the box I wasn't a sad panda.

·
Registered
497 Posts
BTW look on the bright side... over here they are $550....

I got mine for about 250 eventually because the guy I bought them from obviously had pulled them out of the box and dropped them putting a dint underneath one. I ended up getting them for half price even though you couldn't see the dint.. Not the point though when you spend that much.

If I had to buy them again I would, as far as I am concerned there is nothing else anyway.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I heard the cheap knock off's are eBay are junk. I have Kuryakyn on both my bike and I'm happy with both.
You can buy Kuryakyn for about $200 made for the GL1800 they don't fold but are high enough that they don't scape.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I paid 220 for the ergoIII in black on eBay. Really can’t say enough good about them. Never any remorse and a year later I still smile when I kick back on the interstate.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The flip-out ones I installed were great.

When folded they basically disappear and when extended helped add hundreds of kilometres of comfort each day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I like the flip out ones.
Unfortunately a little expensive for me.Also my friend got caught on the import duty with his which didn't help.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There is a fellow on the VRCC that may still have a pair of Rivco for sale. His name is Mike (Hubcapsc).

I bought the knock offs and had them on my bike for a couple of years. They were ok, but I had to drill and tap them to put in a bolt through to the crash bar, so that they wouldn't keep twisting.
I changed them out after I saw a smoking deal on some Ergo 3's. The guy had a few sets for $149. I picked up a set and let the guys on here and the VRCC. They were sold pretty fast. I love the Ergo 3, but you need to mount them up a little higher, so that they don't scrape the ground in sharp curves. They sit down when you put your feet on them, or you can lock them solid in a position.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My wifie is already fussing at me... I was out most of the afternoon yesterday and didn't want to stop riding. Just think if I can stretch out. And let's don't talk about a back rest. She would change the locks then. :eek: :D

·
Registered
127 Posts
I paid 220 for the ergoIII in black on eBay. Really can’t say enough good about them. Never any remorse and a year later I still smile when I kick back on the interstate.
I like mine but cannot seem to get a left side that will work correctly.

·
Registered
497 Posts

The new ones are actually a little bit different now. There is a little pin you can hook with your foot to open then when they are closed. I have the older ones But I don't have any problems because I never fully close them. I do drag my feet when I lift off which mostly closes them but not all the way. I do this so if it is dropped at a dead stop I don't damage the bike. The new ones have a groove cut in them so they will brake instead of doing damage to the bike but they means you just broke a really expensive set of foot pegs as well. Better just to drag the foot I say ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
There is a fellow on the VRCC that may still have a pair of Rivco for sale. His name is Mike (Hubcapsc).

I bought the knock offs and had them on my bike for a couple of years. They were ok, but I had to drill and tap them to put in a bolt through to the crash bar, so that they wouldn't keep twisting.
I changed them out after I saw a smoking deal on some Ergo 3's. The guy had a few sets for $149. I picked up a set and let the guys on here and the VRCC. They were sold pretty fast. I love the Ergo 3, but you need to mount them up a little higher, so that they don't scrape the ground in sharp curves. They sit down when you put your feet on them, or you can lock them solid in a position.
Darn. Ergo 3s for $149? I picked up some Ergo 2s recently for about $170 and thought I was getting a great deal. :(

1 - 20 of 68 Posts