Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of a 1998 Valkyrie Tourer. I was surprised to learn that theses bikes do not have a center stand like the GL1500 Goldwings. Can you tell me what tools or techniques you use to keep your bike in an upright position for maintenance purposes such as oil changes and coolant replacement.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
504 Posts
There aftermarket center stands if you can find them
When I had mine I used a motorcycle jack if you go to the VRCC site you will learn a lot about your 98 Valkyrie

·
Registered
360 Posts
I simply change the oil with the bike positioned with back tire on the garage floor, and the front tire in the driveway, so the drain plug is a little down hill. Then measure with both wheels in the garage so it is more level.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am the proud owner of a 1998 Valkyrie Tourer. I was surprised to learn that theses bikes do not have a center stand like the GL1500 Goldwings. Can you tell me what tools or techniques you use to keep your bike in an upright position for maintenance purposes such as oil changes and coolant replacement.
Thanks,
Scott
A bunch of us have done one of two things. Added a center stand, bought or made a jack adapter. I have both. The center stand don't pick up the bike properly,but is super handy for cleaning & oil changes/checks. Thinking of getting a 14/15 valk ? ..... :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you find a dealer that does Gold Wing trike conversions they usually have some center stand take offs cheap and they work. As hot rod stated, it's just a little short for the valk but it works ok.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you find a dealer that does Gold Wing trike conversions they usually have some center stand take offs cheap and they work. As hot rod stated, it's just a little short for the valk but it works ok.

He was a 1500cc Valkyrie so a center stand from a Goldwing will not work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts