Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't seen anything from OEM or genuine honda accessories just yet but I did come by a nice piece of garnish that adds protection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Baycruiser,

Where can I buy a piece like this? Never have I seen such a nice cover for the radiator with the intricute cuts. Is it aluminum?

I agree that not only does it add protection but also as a garnish piece. In the past I had issues with rocks split the rad open causing coolant to leak and of course me being stranded on the side of the road until AAA comes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Baycruiser,

Where can I buy a piece like this? Never have I seen such a nice cover for the radiator with the intricute cuts. Is it aluminum?

I agree that not only does it add protection but also as a garnish piece. In the past I had issues with rocks split the rad open causing coolant to leak and of course me being stranded on the side of the road until AAA comes.
It is a great looking piece for sure but I would think a rock can still get through and pierce the rad. A mesh cover would offer better protection.

I found it on valkyrieparts.de.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm pretty sure thats for the last gen Valkyrie. the new F6C has the rads on the side and protected by the fairing.

this is the original...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is just a breather or faux vent on the upper mids the radiator is still in the front. The fairings are deceiving though.

The stock mesh protector holes are still big enough for a rock to fly in and do damage.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Good eye, didn't notice this in pictures, this is one of the first close up's im looking at.
This does raise some concern, maybe an area aftermarket can step into.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You could always put mesh underneath this grate and get the looks of the metal cover with the protection of the mesh underneath. It's so bulky around the radiator that you would see it that much though. It'd be nice to see this installed on a Valkyrie to see how it looks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
You could always put mesh underneath this grate and get the looks of the metal cover with the protection of the mesh underneath. It's so bulky around the radiator that you would see it that much though. It'd be nice to see this installed on a Valkyrie to see how it looks.
Good suggestion, that should help, now to see someone do it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm with Chadleys1 there is no rad on the front of the new Val there both on the side, dismantle it and you'll see.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Where do you guys ride so you think about more radiator protection ? Same question about engine guard/plate. This bike is asphalt only and chances are so low to catch something so big to damage it.

·
Registered
374 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes the radiators are mounted on both sides, just like the Goldwing and F6B. That chrome Valkyrie radiator protector that was posted in the photo, is from the last generation of Valkyries with the 1500 engine and front radiator. I had a 1997 Valkyrie, it was a great bike. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts