Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Honda never stops innovating. They've been creating self balancing bikes, air bags, automatic transmissions and other cutting edge technology for years. This is quite an ambitious goal.

Richmonder

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honestly, I think I would enjoy motorcycling more if I didn't have to worry about getting killed or maimed every second I'm on it. Having just lost a lifelong friend to a motorcycle accident, I will welcome advancements in this area. I think for me, it would be even more thrilling to ride without the encumbrance of constant fear.

But i hear what you're saying.

Richmonder

·
Premium Member
318 Posts

Honda never stops innovating. They've been creating self balancing bikes, air bags, automatic transmissions and other cutting edge technology for years. This is quite an ambitious goal.

Richmonder
Can be done. Carin's Honda CRV has a lot of innovation. It has the forward looking cruise control that once you set it, it will pace itself to the car in front based on how many car lengths you set it to stay behind. It also has the side warning when backing up in the rear view camera and I think it has the same warning mechanism when somebody passes. I would love that on my bike. Why can't car manufacturers use Brake Free innovation in the brake lights systems? The same problem exist in any vehicle.

I would love to see heads up displays in helmet visors that has the bike telemetry (MPH and TPMS). I would also love a rear view camera in the visor (or somewhere on the instrument panel too), that would be so great. My Corvette has a heads up display and I love it. It should be mandatory in every vehicle. Some of these systems exist, but they are still pretty rudimentary. I installed an always on, rear view camera on my pickup. It's awesome.

There's so much innovation going on, it's great right? I'll take every safety improvement, every time.

Check out this article

Honda Gold Wing to Get Adaptive Cruise Control

I think it's great they're all addressing this stuff and competition means it will be developed faster and better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts