Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Honda has revised its retro-classic CB1100 and given it the ‘EX’ treatment. It’s now got twin exhausts and wire wheels, giving it a much more authentic ‘60s and ‘70s feel. It’s not without modern touches, though, as its new six-speed gearbox, higher headlight position and improved instrumentation attests.

Type Inline four-cylinder
Air and oil cooled DOHC
Displacement 1,140cc
Bore & Stroke 73.5 x 67.2mm
Compression Ratio 9.5:1
This one from Honda is an eye catcher too earlier this month they had displays up in Rochestor and I couldn't stop staring at it. The only thin that bothers me is the fake oil sump cover on the sides. First i was surprised to see it but then when I gave her a knock voila hollow and cheap plainted plastic. I was hoping to see it in red too but nada.

What do you guys think of the CB1100ex?

·
Registered
99 Posts
it comes in red. or do you mean hoping to see it in person in red... I just wish they would do a 500 or 750 like that. It would be a great modern base for a cafe build...

·
Registered
214 Posts
wish you grabbed some real world shots of it when you saw it in Rochestor!

i wouldn't mind getting one of these, but i'm already set on a larger cruiser like the F6C and dont have space for anything else

·
Registered
117 Posts
I wonder how many of these they sell.... Doesnt seem like many would buy something retro brand new in 2014. Must be a small market.

·
Registered
214 Posts
It would help to see sales stats.
In the south I can see it being more popular, but over all I don't see many of them on the street and when I do they're much older.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I wonder how many of these they sell.... Doesnt seem like many would buy something retro brand new in 2014. Must be a small market.
I don't know retros hot right now. Just take one look at BMW's NineT for all the info you need. That thing is sold out through September I believe. People want retro style with modern amenities and performance. Consider who the target market is, 40-60, plenty of disposable income and an inkling of the glory days....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't know retros hot right now. Just take one look at BMW's NineT for all the info you need. That thing is sold out through September I believe. People want retro style with modern amenities and performance. Consider who the target market is, 40-60, plenty of disposable income and an inkling of the glory days....
Good point, I've heard a lot about the ninet from my dealer saying how crazy that bike is as well as the demand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts