Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
yeah, hope it goes faster than 110mph, whatever happened to Honda's previous registered trade mark "performance first " slogan, you guys remember that?? S.Honda IS ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE.

·
Super Moderator
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, hope it goes faster than 110mph, whatever happened to Honda's previous registered trade mark "performance first " slogan, you guys remember that?? S.Honda IS ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE.
I heard somewhere that the limit on the new Wing has to do with the air flow's affect on engine cooling. I honestly don't know how much stock I can put in that. I mean, with wind tunnels and all the the simulation technology at Honda's disposal, I have a really hard time believing thise propellerheads can't engineer a cooling system that works at 10 mph or 150. Putting on my tin foil hat for a moment, I might surmise it has something to do with insurance companies, though that does little to explain the allowance of those near-200-mph death machines.

Lucky for me my days of triple digits are mostly behind me, at least on a bike like this. The thrill of 0 to 80 is about good enough for me these days. But I can see how it's a big unchecked box for a lot of riders, which really had me scratching my head.

·
Registered
74 Posts
don't do much triple digit myself but dam-it , don't want H-D's running past me!! just the thought of that makes me puke. effect on cooling??? what a lame excuse, come on Honda we can think and take care of ourselves!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just don't get Honda

It's a GREAT looking Valk, new bits & pieces to keep current with the new Wing.

But do they ever learn anything about marketing to the U.S.? Release a new bike trying to attract a younger rider that's bumping $20K? Then it's an orphan in 1 or 2 years selling for half of MSRP. Think DN-01, CTX1300 and our beloved F6C now selling NOS at $9499. I think the 2014-15 Valk would have found riders at under $15K.

So when they release the 2020 Valkyrie and they're looking for that 25-35 young rider, betcha the (Valkyrie) Gold Wing line will start at @ $25,000+!

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
256 Posts
Could they PLEASE quit going to the parts bin grabbing Shadow mirrors and putting them on these works of art? Seriously its the only gripe I have about the bike I even like the stock exhaust and I have NEVER liked a stock exhaust ever... although the new one looks even better lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's all just an artist's rendition, not what it actually looks like. That's why it's so cobbled together out of cruiser parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts