Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend RRoy was in town today, and we had worked out a deal in advance for him to sell me his Utopia backrest and pillion seat, his custom driver seat, and his highway pegs. Initially it was to be the Kury Ergo III's, but at the last minute he decided to keep them and sell his brand new Kury Longhorns. I really wanted the black Ergo's, and SixShooter, you have NO idea how close you came to missing out on the ones you bought! I love the spring action and the gloss black of the Ergo's, and they match my black bike perfectly. I'll just have to get used to a little more flash on my bike with the chrome Longhorns.

RRoy was even kind enough to follow me to my place and install the pegs for me. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciated that! I know I didn't have the right wrenches on hand, and what took him maybe a half hour would have been hours for me.

I keep thinking I have everything on this bike I want, but I know it's still a work in progress.

Richmonder

·
Registered
530 Posts
Looks good, I hope it works out for you. You may still have a shot at those black Ergo's...
Don't get your hopes up prematurely, although I'm not really a fan of them. I will reach out to you first, if I decide against them. I don't care for the looks. I know they function well with lots of adjustment room, they just look archaic and old school on our bikes. I prefer the sleek Rivco flip out but was hesitant after hearing many negative reports on them.
It's funny, I loved the looks of the naked Valkyrie when I first brought it home and swore I wouldn't mess with it. Now three seats, three windshields tried different pegs/lowering and many other accessories.
Looking Good(y)

Side bar, the second picture the black net, is that a cup holder? I'm looking for a water bottle holder.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks good, I hope it works out for you. You may still have a shot at those black Ergo's...
Don't get your hopes up prematurely, although I'm not really a fan of them. I will reach out to you first, if I decide against them. I don't care for the looks. I know they function well with lots of adjustment room, they just look archaic and old school on our bikes. I prefer the sleek Rivco flip out but was hesitant after hearing many negative reports on them.
It's funny, I loved the looks of the naked Valkyrie when I first brought it home and swore I wouldn't mess with it. Now three seats, three windshields tried different pegs/lowering and many other accessories.
Looking Good(y)

Side bar, the second picture the black net, is that a cup holder? I'm looking for a water bottle holder.
Yes - that's a cup holder. You have an eye for detail like myself! It's a Kuryakn. Has 7 little rubber fingers inside to keep things secure. One of the easiest installations I've done on the bike. It uses the existing brake or clutch lever mounts, thereby saving you space on the bars for other stuff. I got the gloss black one, and it also comes in chrome. For some reason, the black costs $12 more. But I don't like all that chrome glinting at me while I ride. And it matches my black bike. Amazon's site says it doesn't fit the Valk, but it does without modification of any kind. It's a little pricey, but everything Kuryakyn is.

Like yourself, I too liked the naked look of this bike, and while I need all the stuff I've added, it does detract from the basic appearance. But, I still love it and wouldn't change a thing. A buddy of mine scoffs at me every time I put a new accessory on and says "Is this the last one?". Nope, probably not!

Let me know about the pegs if you don't want them.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Now that you have a spare seat... you might consider sending it off to Russell and have it Day-Longed with that Utopia THAT would be the ultimate in comfort

The seat he sold you.. is there any additional padding? it looks slightly modified

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm unfamiliar with Russell and that process. The seat is indeed modified and I for now am just going to try it and see how it feels. He actually removed some padding to sit lower IN the bike rather than ON it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Now that you have a spare seat... you might consider sending it off to Russell and have it Day-Longed with that Utopia THAT would be the ultimate in comfort

The seat he sold you.. is there any additional padding? it looks slightly modified
There is some padding on the seat. I personally was riding to high on the stock seat, it felt like I was above the center of gravity where the bike felt top heavy so I pulled back the cover and removed a couple inches of thickness. I also cupped out the foam so it would contour to the A$$ since the stock seat feels like a wooden bleacher. Before putting back on the cover I covered the stock foam with a layer of upholstery foam which is about an 1/8 thick, it is used by local shops when doing custom seat covers. When I removed some of the foam from the middle I created more surface space so the front of the cover was not long enough to re-staple so I trimmed off the front of the vinyl and purchased a piece of automotive black leather and mounted it on the front quarter of the seat. I honestly loved the way the seat felt after modification because it lowered me into the bike instead of me sitting tall on the bike but I developed a hot spot on a long ride right on top of an old ham string injury.

I didn't sell him the front seat, I threw the modified driver seat as a freebie with the Utopia back rest and pillion he bought. Richmonder still has his stock seat he can go back to if he doesn't like the way it feels. I put a lot of work into the modified seat in hopes it would solve a problem, Unfortunaly it didn't. Honda leaves me scratching my head they would make such an incredible motorcycle and then put such a junk seat on the bike with ridiculous lock down points. I am with Richmonder I have never heard Russell seats until just recently and have never sat on one so no idea how it feels. As you mentioned he could still send his stock seat down to Florida if he doesn't like the one I gave him.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
I sat on a Russell on a electra glide once the best description i can give is… it feels like a seat from a Cadillac from the 90’s the seats are made with a built in suspension system and are custom made to each individual based on height, weight and riding position (you have to send them pictures of you on the bike) shoot I actually put the centerstand on my bike for that purpose bought a spare stock seat to send them… and then Trump started sending me stimulus checks and I was like hmmmm let me try Corbin if I don’t like it I can fairly easily sell it on here… the rest is History

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I sat on a Russell on a electra glide once the best description i can give is… it feels like a seat from a Cadillac from the 90’s the seats are made with a built in suspension system and are custom made to each individual based on height, weight and riding position (you have to send them pictures of you on the bike) shoot I actually put the centerstand on my bike for that purpose bought a spare stock seat to send them… and then Trump started sending me stimulus checks and I was like hmmmm let me try Corbin if I don’t like it I can fairly easily sell it on here… the rest is History
I am thankful for those stimulus checks! ;);)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts