1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Im Konrad and I new here!
I just wanna ask about Honda F6C.

Can You wirte me it is good motorcycle for beginner?

Thank You for help!
Have a nice day!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Can You wirte me it is good motorcycle for beginner?
Definitely not. It's under-powered, too light and physically too small for a beginner. You want something, I dunno, the size of a Hummer(?) so that when you hit sh1t you bounce off and don't get hurt. Sorry to put you off as this is definitely a good bike - just not for you.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Konrad, although I have no official status to say so. I am also one of the last people to discourage someone from going after some dream that they may have, unless I think they might hurt themselves. Your self-described "Beginner" level makes me concerned that you might do just that. As Geepers (how do you say it 'cross the Pond, rather "cheekily") tried to tell you, this is a large, rather heavy, and deceptively fast motorcycle. It inspires confidence quickly, however, but I'd still suggest that you start with something in the 750cc range. If you live in London proper, that is a large bike, and if you have to drive in the city much at all, you might appreciate something more along that size. Round-abouts and all. Then, after a season or two, determine what you really want at that stage. A lot of us started out riding on something far different than the Valkyries we ride now. Good luck, and again, welcome, Konrad!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not for beginner and maybe not even be for very experienced. :|
VERY true. This bike has taught me a few things, too, although sometimes unexpectedly. And for someone at age 68 who's been riding since childhood, I'm attributing some of it to the fact that the responsiveness of the throttle and availability of torque (that is not this well-spread throughout the curve with many other bikes) that would catch me off-guard when a bit too aggressive. I'm loving every lesson! As much as I'd love to be able to have 20 bikes in my garage, having only this one is probably the best compromise I can come up with. If I'd found something better in the last four years, I'd be riding it instead.

·
Registered
464 Posts
VERY true. This bike has taught me a few things, too, although sometimes unexpectedly. And for someone at age 68 who's been riding since childhood, I'm attributing some of it to the fact that the responsiveness of the throttle and availability of torque (that is not this well-spread throughout the curve with many other bikes) that would catch me off-guard when a bit too aggressive. I'm loving every lesson! As much as I'd love to be able to have 20 bikes in my garage, having only this one is probably the best compromise I can come up with. If I'd found something better in the last four years, I'd be riding it instead.
I knew it but took it for granted. This machine can kick your butt as it did mine. It has IT all and if you are not constantly aware of this in all circumstances and conditions, you will quickly be reminded you don't know it all.

That said, this model valkyrie is the most unique of any motorcycle in production at this moment. I believe that it being produced for only 2 years added even more to the uniqueness.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've been riding since 1979 and still found myself watching some safety videos on youtube last week, and one was titled "5 ways to die on a motorcycle", where number one of which was starting out on too large a bike, some people thinking the weekend class on a 250cc was enough experience to move up to 700+ lbs and 100+ horsepower.

I rode a group ride with a guy that had a brand new $40,000+ Hardlee, beaUTEiful bike and he dropped it 2 or 3 times when doing things like just turning out of a parking lot onto the street. Get a used 750cc and drop that a few times first. ;) You can find 750 V4 Magna's for about $2000 - 4000 and they're great bikes, and even that might be a bit much unless you're very very conservative, which reminds me of a study I did of motorcycle death statistics and found most had 2 or 3 of these aspects:

** 1st 6 months on a new bike
* drinking
* no helmet
* sport bike
* 20-35 years old
* within 5 miles from home

·
Registered
202 Posts
I try to be hyper-aware of this one - ie the mental let-down as you get near the house. As running coaches say: "you gotta power through the finish tape!"
You (I) also have to be mindful of "the horse sees the barn" syndrome. You're at whatever "last milepost till home" sight you go by and unintentionally go a little faster that you would have just to get home NOW. Right by the radar trap. Bad way to end a great trip.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Try something like a Honda CBR 500 first, or, since you are in England anyway, a Triumph Bonnie, or something like that. The sheer weight and HP of the Valkyrie doesn't make it a very good beginner's bike, especially not in London where some roads are narrow and the traffic is atrocious. If I was in London or any big European city for that matter, I'd be looking into something like a dual sports, like a Honda XR650L or a KLR650, may be even a BMW GS. You'd def have an advantage with a dual sports bike in an urban environment, over a 800 lbs cruiser.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Ummmmm.

konradsc is just a forum serial single poster. You see 'him' all over the place. Though not all over London.

A front for some Euro windscreen company, there's usually a hotlink in 'his' (its?) post. Maybe this forum software stops that?!?!

You won't get any replies thanking you for your considered responses.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Ummmmm.

konradsc is just a forum serial single poster. You see 'him' all over the place. Though not all over London.

A front for some Euro windscreen company, there's usually a hotlink in 'his' (its?) post. Maybe this forum software stops that?!?!

You won't get any replies thanking you for your considered responses.
Thank you, OX, for explaining that. Just another user-upper of the patience of nice people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts