Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first saw the new Valkyries about 2 to 3 years ago when a local dealer had a blue and black model for sale at 13,999. I went down to the dealer and told myself that I had to have one of these. But later that month I was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer (dame cigarettes). Well I beat it and have had 8 successive totally clear scans over the past 2 and a half years whoop whoop. I started riding in 1965 and have had a variety of cycles from most manufactures. I am 65 and also since 2009 have had 6 hip replacements (the recalled metal on metal hips from J&J) and 6 cervical and lumbar spine surgeries. My latest spine surgery was 2 months ago on November 16 when I had a triple Lumbar fusion. Just prior to this last surgery my legs were totally numb and I couldn't get my feet back on the pegs of my Sportster while leaving from a stop. They would just drag on the ground. Well now the legs are fixed so a month ago I bought a brand new (2 miles) 2015 Red Valkyrie. Finally got one.... Picked to up from a dealer near Allentown PA for 11,499. Could have had the 2014 any color for 9,999 but I love the Red color of the one I purchased. My wife and I are in New Orleans for a few months so my new Valc is just sitting covered and on a trickle charger with the same 2 miles. I can't wait to get home and take it out for a ride. I know I will be getting to know a lot of folks on this forum and am looking forward to that.
Thanks Keith (SAMMY-D)

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You will find that the new Valk is as quick as wind. Just make sure you hold on when you crack the throttle. Compared to a Sportster, it is like going from a Ford Focus to a Ferrari Portofino.

Congrats on kicking cancer's butt. My mom died of lung cancer back in 2004.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts