Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the process of installing the center stand and purchased a rubber piece based on forum member recommendation to protect the metal when the stand is retracted - it is part 50524-MG9-000. Of course picture is to freaking big to upload - it is a blue rubber piece.

Taking off the cowl - I got the hardware confused - two of the bolts are longer than the rest - where do they go? I did a horrible job of remembering where the upper and lower cowl hardware go - any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mark - This is my reply to a post you sent me. I do not have enough posts to do it privately....

"I see a little square bracket with a round hole - looks like the rectangle blue piece could be put in the hole and would work but it would take some effort to get in there so want to make sure I know where it is going to go" - YOU HAVE THE RIGHT LOCATION, BUMPER PAD ONLY GOES IN ONE LOCATION. SUGGEST USING DROP OF LIQUID SOAP ON BUMPER TAB TO HELP EASE IT IN THE SMALL HOLE. IT WILL GO IN, BUT TAKES SOME EFFORT.

"I had a hard time getting the stand on but I think it was because I was trying to line of the spacers with the flat end like the instructions said instead of inserting them and then rotating them. No way to know if the square end if perfect but I figured out the spacer wouldn't sit right and would overlap the piece it is sitting on if it was oriented wrong - hope this is correct as I see no other way to orient it perfect and then get stand to go over." - YOU HAVE INSTALLED THEM CORRECTLY. IF THE POSITION OF THE SPACERS ALLOWS FREE AND EASY MOVEMENT OF THE STAND, YOU ARE THEN CORRECT.

"Thanks for your help - really appreciate it!" - ANYTIME, HAPPY TO HELP OUT A FELLOW OWNER. GEORGE.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts