Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there! First of all, courage to everybody against Corona and all the problems it brings.
I live in he South: Montpellier. In The entire country we are not allowed to go out except for a few raisons. People are dying. Very sad. Too sad.
Sorry for’my approximativ english.
Philippe. I am 59 , riding bikes since 40years. Police officer (Gendarmerie Nationale) on retire since june 2018. I had own 24 or 25 bikes. (10HD). My wife ride her third Hd , a Softail Street Bob , after a Dyna Street bob and a 1200 Sportster CA.
I have had a 1200 Goldwing during years 80 and in 2016 i have own a Honda F6B. Now i have a 2014 Fc6 and i really love this bike.
It’s equiped with Fog lights , sissy bar, boulevard screen and mra screen, rear carrier. I also have the so huggly touring windshield but in my garage. Lol.
I hope everything on earth will quickly becole normal again. But i am very worried for humanity.
Hope to speak with you here about this bike. Only 400 sold in France during 2014 2015.
Courage for all!
Warm regards. Philippe.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Hi Phillippe....great job with your English! Thanks for posting. Look forward to hearing more from you about the situation in France. Here in Australia we are just starting to lock down. I wish we had done it a bit earlier. Testing times ahead for us all. Welcome to the Valkyrie club. You just enjoy the bike more and more as you get more familiar with it. Glad to hear there's someone else who won't put a windshield on this bike :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
What a tremendous collection of motorcycles! I would love to see pictures of your rides over the years. Stay safe over there. Welcome!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello everybody! Thank you to all of you for your welcome.
Geepers: for now 9 days it’s compulsary to stay at home . Not allowed to go out, except for medical reasons or to buy food or case of real emergency (doctor, hospital...). 135 euros if not an established reason. If a second time caught : arround 3000euros! In certains towns it’ s forbiden to go out from 10pm to 6 or 7am. (Couvre feu ) same a war time. People generally respect but we have a lot of French people with former «*Gaulois*» ancestor’s mind! Totally stupid people arrogant! They don’t care about anything , really uneducated!
We have food but a lot of people have baught more than they need (reserve) dont know the english word for it. So it’s now sometimes difficult to find (pates, riz, ) potatoes, even toilet papers! Incredible. Only some cathegories of workers are allowed to work. The one ´s who can do it have to work from their home computor . As our government have had sent Before to china millions of mask, now here there is a big lake of it, gloves, hydro alcoolic gel, etc... These materials just arrive now after 10days without. Incredible! it seems we are living like in a «*fantasy moovie. (Science fiction). or a nighmare. we can’t visit ou familly, children, parents, friends. It’s sad but safe. For the moment we just have to stay home. But what about tomorow? The econnomy? It will be catastrophic.
Sometimes, i go to my box to look at the bike. I wonder if it will be possible one day to ride again without worrying after all that. Hospitals are fool, emergency full, the olders weak or not are dying. 5 doctors died already , hundreds of nurse (infirmieres) etc...

Men: Who has created this virus?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Very likely the virus comes from nature. There is so much about the natural world we don't understand. What we do know, and often forget, is that humans aren't removed from nature any more than the birds in the park or deer in the woods. When organisms run amok they become more susceptible to environmental stress like viruses. You can argue about overpopulation but that is dangerous, because it only looks at who is allowed to live and not how. The "how" is very important. The "who" becomes a question of human rights and some people are often declared a little less human than others when choices have to be made. We as a species don't really have a good record with that.

If the virus is artificial and got out by accident or design, does it matter? I can just as easily make an argument that the American government purposefully released it as the Chinese government did it accidentally. I'm a good enough researcher and writer to put together something convincing for whatever conspiracy you want. Until there is solid proof of it being artificial, and there may never be, all we have is speculation. However we tend to quickly make some people more suspicious than others and prosecute them in court or public market, and we don't really have a good record with that, either.

There is a much more important question to ask than "Who created it?" The question is "Are you okay, and how can I help?"

·
Registered
73 Posts
We haven't employed a state wide stay at home/ quarantine rule in TN yet so I am taking advantage of the social distancing by riding the back roads. My employer is also considered "essential" as we are construction in a post Tornado Nashville. I am not sure if all these safety measures will actually flatten the infection curve or just extend it. Whatever the outcome, life will come back to normal eventually.

Stay safe, healthy and keep it polished in the meantime.

Regards!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you to all of you for your answers and welcome.
Merci aussi Kugo!
After these sad words , let’s speak about something else . It will change a bit our mind.

To introduce myself, i practise photography since years, and during holidays archeology too, as volunteer . Here we have a lot of Romans sites ( Pont du Gard for exemple) I am interested with Templar’s story:.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you to all of you for your answers and welcome.
Merci aussi Kugo!
After these sad words , let’s speak about something else . It will change a bit our mind.

To introduce myself, i practise photography since years, and during holidays archeology too, as volunteer . Here we have a lot of Romans sites ( Pont du Gard for exemple) I am interested with Templar’s story:.
Regards to all of you!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello everybody!
Geepers:
After having used a Leica M3 and M6 with wonderfull Leitz lens, when the Nikon D700 apparaired, unfortunatelly i have sold every argentic materials. I regret now , of course. Ihave been forensic for 20years. So black and white pictures, specially for fingerprints at this time... tmax 3200 for survey pictures when low light , etc...
One day i have been tired to supports kilos of lens in my big photo bag. So, first i have buy a Olympis Em5 , then a fuxi xpro one, and finally sîce 3 or 4 years an olympus Pen F with somes cery good lens . For me, it’s perfect. Not heavy and good quality. I don’t need fast focus camera, so it’s ok for me.
same as you, after one or two months, i will gonput with everything , speciamly my bike! Lol.
If god agrees.
Take care of you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hello everybody! Long time now, i am back. Still in love with my Valkyrie. I have two windshields. The short Boulevard one on summer and a Secdem for winter. I have ordered the Rivco Aero Flip highway pegs and also a pair of Honda Vfr Crossruner X adjustable levers witch, i was told, fits perfectly on it. For daily use i have a rectangular Givi bag, made for the rack of my Shad top case. I fixe it on the rack and it s very usefull . For long rides i have a 52 L Shad top case with rack and the Givi bag on it. I have fixe a gold wing center stand very usefull too. And for my side stand a system. Order for the bike to be less lean on the side. (Sorry for my poor technical vocabulary). Next month i will do a custom leather seat.
My wife follow le with ger Softail Street bob. Her third Hd. No way for her to ride something else! Lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts