Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing heated gear and would like to know if anyone had any input on where to mount the connection point. I am not too excited about just letting it hang out of the saddle. How did you mount yours?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have one of the battery powered GLYDE vests. All I need for the small amount of cold weather riding I do.It works GREAT BTW ....... IF I were to go "wired" I would simply use my battery tender lead as it is a common connection type & already there ..... Something to consider !

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will run between Nashville and Chattanooga several times a winter so I want the glove-coat combination for days under 45 (seems to be my breaking point in comfort). I think the wired version might be the best as you can dial up the heat separately in the gloves or coat. I just don't care for the look of loose ends.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I will run between Nashville and Chattanooga several times a winter so I want the glove-coat combination for days under 45 (seems to be my breaking point in comfort). I think the wired version might be the best as you can dial up the heat separately in the gloves or coat. I just don't care for the look of loose ends.

I would have taken the bike this morning if it weren't 43*. What sucks is it was 75* this afternoon. Miss a good riding day. Gotta get a warmer jacket instead of the hoodie.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I rode yesterday. Should have today but I was too damned lazy to suit up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I decided to take the long way about the wiring as I didn't want something hanging off the side of the bike. I pulled wire up under the tank and drilled a small mount behind the forks on the low side of the tank bezel, mounted a coax connector and then modified a scissor style handlebar mount to hold a dual controller. Now all my controls are in front of me and the loose wire sits by the left grip. At least I won't get off without seeing the connections.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts