Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a new to me 14’ Valkyrie and it has a full torq master setup. I see the baffle is marketed as adjustable/removable.

I’ve removed the exhaust tips - is it as easy as drilling out the two rivets on the underside of the L/R pipe? What make shift tool did you come up with to pull the baffle out?

Thanks for any tips!

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
Wow a lot of people would probably love to hear sound clips before and after if you get a chance and you say it has the torq loopz too? That’s rare

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow a lot of people would probably love to hear sound clips before and after if you get a chance and you say it has the torq loopz too? That’s rare
I will do my best! I’m just gonna wing it if nobody here has done it before. I tried contacting manufacture directly.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slide hammer to the rescue. THIS is how every bike should sound. I am beyond blown away.

Admins feel free to delete this thread if it’s just clutter. I will make a follow up post with videos.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Exactly the sound clip I've been trying to find!

I just used a pry bar and a hammer to loosen them and pulled them out. My exhaust tips were stuck and I needed to have a friend help. We had to heat the tips to loosen whatever caulk was in there.

I have the torqmaster mufflers and pulled the baffles. It sounds great, but gets annoying at 3k+ RPMs. I actually bought ear plugs on my way back from Sturgis last week.

I'm thinking of getting the Loopz, so let me know if the droning is unbearable with the full exhaust and removed baffles. Also, I've heard you need a Power Commander V or it'll backfire on decel, have you had that issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly the sound clip I've been trying to find!

I just used a pry bar and a hammer to loosen them and pulled them out. My exhaust tips were stuck and I needed to have a friend help. We had to heat the tips to loosen whatever caulk was in there.

I have the torqmaster mufflers and pulled the baffles. It sounds great, but gets annoying at 3k+ RPMs. I actually bought ear plugs on my way back from Sturgis last week.

I'm thinking of getting the Loopz, so let me know if the droning is unbearable with the full exhaust and removed baffles. Also, I've heard you need a Power Commander V or it'll backfire on decel, have you had that issue?
I noticed some popping in 1st / 2nd while decelerating on the first run after removing baffles. As far as a droning - i did not notice any - maybe it’s becuase of the torq loops? It sounded excellent

Let it idle for a bit and rode around some more, now only pops in 1st occasionally. I expect the ECU is learning and will eventually smooth all the way out.

I will put 100 more miles on it this weekend and report back with video and any other improvements.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I was going to push the baffle in like a buddy did but after around 4-5k miles on them the heat cooked up the packing and gave the same affect. Just ride them and they'll get better with age.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts