Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m installing ISO grips and Polly heaters inside the handlebars and was surprised to find isolated weights inside. Has anyone else removed their weights and felt a noticeable difference?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Very interesting question. I am certainly not an engineer but my understanding is the weights are for vibration dampening (not much issue with the 6 cylinder), and additional stability (again this is a big heavy bike with a good center of gravity so should not be much of an issue) however, the Honda engineers put them in, assuming it was purposeful. My valkyrie has always pulled slightly to the right. My other two bikes track perfectly (I know it is not the road etal). I asked two Honda dealers about it since I have run 60K on the bike (running OEM tires) and they told me there was no way to "align" the bike, it was probably the "tires", and I could try replacing the front forks if it was too bad (it is not THAT bad). An independent dealer suggested I try changing the weights in the handlebar and increase the weight in the left bar end. The Honda parts listings do not show any "weight options" but your question also raises the issue if there is a way to use these as a means to balance the bike for better tracking. The handlebar would have the most "leverage" and would require less weight to make a smaller correction. If anyone has any suggestions or experience with regard to your thread it would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I changed the weights in my handle bars to the ones used on gold wing and F6B. They are threaded for end caps, our are not. I then installed Hand Guard from theperfectride.com. Now i can wear lighter gloves or none at all. Had them on for two years now. Very happy with them.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought the weights were to damper vibration. I have loosened the clamp bolts on the tripple re-aligned the front tire on other bikes.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My valkyrie has always pulled slightly to the right.
If you don't have any mechanical issue such as your forks twisted in the clamps, then this is an issue caused by you leaning.

You may only do it on this bike. It might be something like your seat is uneven, or your wallet makes you sit differently on that seat, or something along those lines. There is simply no other reason for these bikes to pull one way or another.

So if I were you, I'd loosen the clamps and make sure everything is centered and not twisted. And if that doesn't work, check your body position in your normal riding posture.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I changed the weights in my handle bars to the ones used on gold wing and F6B. They are threaded for end caps, our are not. I then installed Hand Guard from theperfectride.com. Now i can wear lighter gloves or none at all. Had them on for two years now. Very happy with them.
Do you have any pics of the the hand guards on your bike? (theperfectride.com doesn't exist)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts