Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't think I've introduced myself, so hi to all! As information is hard to come by regarding many aspects of the GW Valkyrie mods, I'd like to list the following in the hope that it may help others. This is a review of my experience with the Gustafson Euroflip screens.

1st off, I'm 5'10" with 32" inseam. My experience is with the 10" and 16" screens and mods thereto.

First, the 10" screen installed easily and I installed it to be parallel to the shocks. On first test, I found significant helmet buffeting. I trimmed 1" off and found the buffeting to hit at chin level... still bad. I trimmed another inch and found that the buffeting was below chin level with no resulting head buffeting. But, in this case the chest is protected, but head is in the windstream, making wearing a 1/2 or 3/4 helmet uncomfortable at higher speeds (60 mph +).... and making earplugs necessary.

16" screen installed as per the 10" screen (parallel to shocks). First test resulted in head buffeting hitting eye level up... uncomfortable. I extended the screen 2" using 1/8" Plexiglass, and while better, still got top-of-head buffeting (but better). I extended the Plexiglass another 1 1/2" for a total of 19 1/2" and got a very smooth ride while maintaining the ability to see just over the screen, yet ride in smooth air. Remarkable result in that there is no headshake, visibility is great, and it's quiet! No need for hearing protection! And, as a result I must say, oh but the beautiful music of that flat 6!! I feel much more in touch with the bike!

Sorry if some considered this long. But, I hope it helps some of you who had the same concerns as me

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I got a windshield from 7jurock.com meant for a Kawasski Vulcan 900. 20" tall 27 wide blank with no mounting holes and a flip at top. They will mke it any size you want. Then I cut the bottom to fit the way I wanted with a jigsaw, drilled holes with a hole saw and mounted with two sets of universal mounts. Works great for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
I got a windshield from 7jurock.com meant for a Kawasski Vulcan 900. 20" tall 27 wide blank with no mounting holes and a flip at top. They will mke it any size you want. Then I cut the bottom to fit the way I wanted with a jigsaw, drilled holes with a hole saw and mounted with two sets of universal mounts. Works great for me.

For me, I just got a 33" Goldwing windshield that I got off eBay for cheap and cut it to what I wanted. It gives me good wind blocking. I used Memphis shades mounting hardware.

·
Registered
88 Posts

For me, I just got a 33" Goldwing windshield that I got off eBay for cheap and cut it to what I wanted. It gives me good wind blocking. I used Memphis shades mounting hardware.

Looks good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts