Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last thursday I took a day trip up to Gustaffen screens to get my new 15" screen installed. What a great group of guys. They made it while I waited and installed it for me! It was neat seeing the process for sure. I got the 15" with the Euroflip. There customer service is awesome and the shop is really cool I've never seen so many forms and fairings ever. Super great people to work with I highly recommend them for sure!

The screen works pretty **** good. I rode the 200+ miles home in the most comfort wind wise I've had on this bike. It takes all the wind off your chest and moves it up pretty high. Riding without my helmet (yeah I know this isn't a helmet thread) it's very comfy even running 75mph down the interstate.

I put a helmet on (full face) for just a bit to see and unfortunately it moves my head up just enough to pick up some dirty air starting around 60mph. Could be the flip, not sure. I rode again today for about 200 miles and for cruising the backroads it's awesome. If your going to be pounding the interstate at 70mph and above though your probably going to need a bigger screen.

I'm going to call him this week and see about making an 18" in all clear (I got smoke) so I can actually see through it and not over it. This should move all the dirty air way above me to make for a really nice ride. He's also working on some brackets they were taking measurements from my bike while it was there and were going to have there guy put some stuff together. So look for that pretty soon.

I'll report back on a taller screen and see what I find. Here's some pics I think it looks great and fits the bike very well. Gonna see about a 18 or 19" tall with about 1" wider. Tough because the brackets are so low but the screen is super strong so I think it will work.

Here's some pics!

·
Registered
50 Posts
mounting

I liked the look on your bike, so I went to seller's web page and found the product easy enough. Then there was a notice:

THIS SCREEN DOES NOT COME WITH MOUNTING HARDWARE. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE SOME TYPE OR MOUNTING HARDWARE FOR THE SCREEN.
This screen is mounted on the bike via the "Boulevard" mounting kit that comes with the Boulevard screen from Honda.

We are currently looking for a source to manufacture the brackets so that we can sell an entire kit. Please contact us if you know of someone who can provide this.

Is this what you had to do? Order a complete Honda Boulevard kit, throw away the Honda windshield, use the mounting items to put the 15" windshield on your bike? Even so, it does look good.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup that's exactly what I did. If your interested I'm thinking of just selling this whole setup with both screens and the hardware and then getting Denny's Honda Tall Screen.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Since I couldn't do anything with the screen I already purchased I had to pay to have another made. So we did up a 20" touring screen that is 20" tall and about 25" wide at the bottom tapering to 20" at the top. Should be really nice. I taped up some posterboard and kept working with it till the buffeting went away then added another 1" on top.

The guys over there are awesome they took the measurements, added there best practice stuff from making all sorts of screens and whipped up a really nice offering. If it works well they may offer it for sale as well. I also had them remove the euro flip too to cut down on the turbulance that creates since the screen doesnt have a ton of rake to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts