Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lady who cust my hair just returned from Bike Week in Daytona, and bought me a guardian bell. It doesn't make much noise like a regular bell, and there's barely any "tink" when you jiggle it. I didn't have any black zip ties handy, and frankly don't trust them not to break, so I hung the bell from the engine guard bar with a stainless zip tie and trimmed it back.

So now I'm safe. Anybody else got one on theirs?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I got one on my F6B but not on the Valkyire.
For it to work it has to given to you

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've got one. My current one replaced a sterling silver one that my ex-wife gave me. I figured the one my ex-wife gave me is cursed and it didn't help me when I totaled my 1500 Valkyrie anyway. There wasn't any "tink" in the sterling silver bell either.
cnPDADuDQJ6Ae0wehN2%ag.jpg

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got one. My current one replaced a sterling silver one that my ex-wife gave me. I figured the one my ex-wife gave me is cursed and it didn't help me when I totaled my 1500 Valkyrie anyway. There wasn't any "tink" in the sterling silver bell either. View attachment 12327 View attachment 12327
That's QUITE an installation there! I'm impressed with the rubber backing and metal strap!

Richmonder

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm impressed with the rubber backing and metal strap!
It's just a 1" stainless steel cable clamp available in the small parts boxes at most Ace Hardware stores and on Amazon. The stainless steel extension is available from most gremlin bell vendors and, of course, Amazon.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've got one. My current one replaced a sterling silver one that my ex-wife gave me. I figured the one my ex-wife gave me is cursed and it didn't help me when I totaled my 1500 Valkyrie anyway. There wasn't any "tink" in the sterling silver bell either. View attachment 12327 View attachment 12327
Nice mount, won't loose that bell.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's mine

That's a cool one! I like that you used a fabric strap to prevent wear on the bar. Or at least that's what it looks like. Does it slide around on there?

Richmonder

·
Registered
217 Posts
That's a cool one! I like that you used a fabric strap to prevent wear on the bar. Or at least that's what it looks like. Does it slide around on there?

Richmonder
It's leather, I actually forgot about it until this recent thread coming back to life. I imagine it can slide around, never looked in flight.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I don't have a pic but my wife bought me one the day I brought my bike home from the dealership. I've had one on every bike I've owned.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have a pic but my wife bought me one the day I brought my bike home from the dealership. I've had one on every bike I've owned.
The way your wife talks to you in your vids, I'd think she put a hex on ya! Hah! Just kidding. A wife who buys a guardian bell for hubby on day one is a wife who GETS IT.

Richmonder

1 - 12 of 12 Posts