Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not like the factory grips on the F6C. Too big for my comfort, just went down to a local dealer and got some new ones. I've not seen this setup before so I thought it interesting to post. Honda's throttle tube has a threaded nipple on the end and the bar is blocked by some sort of anti-vibration equipment. The tube is 1.125" in diameter and has a gob of grip glue. Got out a long thin standard screwdriver and some WD-40. Stuck the screwdriver under the grip and squirted a bit of lube under it. Rolled the screwdriver under the grip and pulled. Grip came of easy after that. Cleaned the lube and glue with a towel and alcohol. Did same on other side (left). Note.. No threaded nipple on this side. Measured distance from control to end of bar/tube noted that tube is about .3" longer, cut that much off of nipple and covered bar end and tube with Honda grip glue. Put an ounce or so of alcohol in each grip an covered with my hand then shook, emptied out excess and slid new grip on with one motion and adjusted. The hard part of this was finding plain old rubber grips. Most grips for 1" bars are a metal/rubber hybrid or just metal. G

·
Registered
222 Posts
The dealer put the Honda line chrome grips on mine and I like them. A little pricey but nice. Larger diameter that standard and that feels better but probably depends on hand size and personal taste.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hey bscrive, get yourself a brakeaway throttle lock for your Valkyrie. That is the absolute first accessory I get for every bike I buy. They look great, they are functional, and best of all... they work! Pricey, I know, but so was the bike. http://www.brakeawayproducts.com. You will need the 7CP01, if memory server me right. You can also get them at http://www.curisercustomizing.com for a little less.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brake-away

I put the brake-away on my Valk as well. Nice on the long trips and best of all, touching the hand brake releases the grip lock on the throttle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SupperJim,
I have the Kuryakyn grips and the diameter is a little too narrow for my taste. I like the fat grips on my GL1800. Please shoot me what you have and if yours are in fact thicker then I am interested. Please let me know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts