Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Your bike is just the coolest. Really would like to see it in the daylight from multiple angles. Looks like you've modified the exhaust also. That is one bad bike! I just can't get over that rear fender. Might want to remove those tank stickers. Someone pointed that out to me early on and now when I see them they stand out instantly.

Hey gonichi87 - do you leave your bike in 2nd when you come to a stop sign and just take off in 2nd gear? I agree the bike is so powerful that one really doesn't need to go into 1st, but old habits die hard and I just don't think I can break that one.

Richmonder

Registered
...do you leave your bike in 2nd when you come to a stop sign and just take off in 2nd gear? I agree the bike is so powerful that one really doesn't need to go into 1st, but old habits die hard and I just don't think I can break that one.

Richmonder
Sorry, I couldn't resist jumping into this topic. I never use 1st, except maneuvering in a parking lot, and heard from several of us saying that in an older thread. I go to neutral or hold 2nd when stopping at intersections. Different story if you're riding 2 up with a week of luggage and a trailer... LOL. Heard of a guy with a bad ankle, who always starts out in 3rd. You only have to slip the clutch a little bit to start out in 5th!:eek:

Registered
Interesting! The thought never occurred to me in all my years of motorcycling. Being there is a 1st gear, my mind just logically told me to use it. I hate to start doing this though, because few bikes are as powerful, and if I get on someone else's bike and try this, I might just kill it trying to take off from a stop. And since I have four bikes, it's probably best to stick with using 1st. Although, all of them are Hondas and all at least 1300 or 1800 engines, so maybe I could get away with it.

Good to know this though!

Richmonder

Registered
Starting out in 1st doesn't bother me at all. Bike has so much torque and power it's easy to get through the gears quickly.

Registered
... Did I ever mention I like the Rune?
Yes, you have. And we have tried, unsuccessfully, to disabuse you of this Rune fetish. :)

I'm amused that the OP has tormented some members here with some stealth-mode, low-light pics and videos. Obviously the Finns don't subscribe to "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts