Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Sean Kerr (srkcycles - bikesandbeards YouTube)

Click here 馃憞馃徎馃憞馃徎馃憞馃徎

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

In this video we get the rare opportunity to test drive a Harley Davidson wla WW2 motorcycle, that was previously featured on Bikes and Beards and spent the last 40 years in a junkyard, this motorcycle has a lot of history and is super fun to test drive.

Registered

Click here 馃憞馃徎馃憞馃徎馃憞馃徎

View attachment 12847

In this video we get the rare opportunity to test drive a Harley Davidson wla WW2 motorcycle, that was previously featured on Bikes and Beards and spent the last 40 years in a junkyard, this motorcycle has a lot of history and is super fun to test drive.
First, that is a cool bike. But it's really quirky. Suicide shifter, timing adjuster, no throttle spring, foot operated clutch, no apparent front brake, oil in the tank. How does anyone learn how to ride that thing, and then go back to a traditional configuration? That would require a lot of mental reprogramming and then deprogramming once you go back. Kinda like where we are with the Gold Wing DCT. I'd be afraid I'd forget how to clutch. And this is WAY more involved.

I have seen this bike at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, and I really hoped this guy was going to show us the bike in restored condition. I understand his desire to retain the "patina" of the aging process, but that bike ought to be restored. If one is to go to all the trouble of getting it running and riding it, it ought to be restored too. It's just too classic to let stay in that condition. Good luck finding parts!

Thought his zippered gloves were pretty cool. Never seen ones like that before.

Thanks for sharing.

Richmonder

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First, that is a cool bike. But it's really quirky. Suicide shifter, timing adjuster, no throttle spring, foot operated clutch, no apparent front brake, oil in the tank. How does anyone learn how to ride that thing, and then go back to a traditional configuration? That would require a lot of mental reprogramming and then deprogramming once you go back. Kinda like where we are with the Gold Wing DCT. I'd be afraid I'd forget how to clutch. And this is WAY more involved.

I have seen this bike at the Harley-Davidson Museum in Milwaukee, and I really hoped this guy was going to show us the bike in restored condition. I understand his desire to retain the "patina" of the aging process, but that bike ought to be restored. If one is to go to all the trouble of getting it running and riding it, it ought to be restored too. It's just too classic to let stay in that condition. Good luck finding parts!

Thought his zippered gloves were pretty cool. Never seen ones like that before.

Thanks for sharing.

Richmonder
Thanks Craig!

This YouTube is from his dealership SRKCycles. If a proper offer came in for the bike I'm sure he'd have to sell it. But I'm like you, I hope we get to see any restoration efforts they make. How far do you go? The handlebars even have their own history. It is a cool bike. 5:1 compression, easy to kick. The modern Sportsters are 10:1. He's had many collectors bikes go through his shop and even an Ariel Atom.

He sells those gloves from his shop. He did an episode about that too. He was one of the main reasons I became interested in a Valkyrie. He also had a couple of Runes at one time.

It's mind boggling how much innovation and technology has advanced motor bikes, isn't it. Gas tank on the left, oil tank on the right. Choke, advance or retard the timing, twist the throttle once, three kicks, choke off.... sheesh! You'd only forget about the suicide clutch once.

That bike is death for the inexperienced. Even he wasn't that comfortable.

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

Registered

Click here 馃憞馃徎馃憞馃徎馃憞馃徎

View attachment 12847

Enjoyed the history lesson.(y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts