Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good handlebar mount for my Iphone but it is really hard to read in the sun. I have a sun hood coming from Amazon but not sure that will work. Does anyone have a good GPS solution for a 2014 Valk? Pictures and links appreciated...thanks much!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've used RAM mouhts. They work. Haven't lost a phone yet....

·
Registered
70 Posts
I used one of my old Samsung S7 Edge phones I had lying around collecting dust. It has no cellular plan or connection since I replaced it with a S9.
I simply turned on the phone at home, connected to my wifi, went to google maps, expanded/shrunk the area of the map I am interested in, hit the download button and voila! Instant GPS! For the area I ride in anyway. Covers almost all of Georgia and Florida.. was 1.7GB in size if I remember right.
Tried it out last weekend in fact and works like a champ. Bluetooth connection to my Cardo so I get GPS to tell me what turn is coming, how fast I am going, how long to get there..etc. All the functions of a GPS plus I can listen to my music on the S7 as well. My S9 connected as well to the Cardo so I can take/make calls as well. Or I can listen to FM radio on the Cardo.
It's actually brighter than my "real GPS" I bought many years ago that I mounted to my VTX. Win win.

Best part is it didn't cost me a dime extra and I have no worry of my "real phone" falling off the bike somehow. Not that it could since I can't pull it off the RamMount without compressing the arms. Quite a good thing those RamMounts.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just use a regular GPS for a car. I put it in a ziploc bag if it is going to rain. Did this for the last 8 years.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use a Zumo 595, bike specific gps. It works well. You can load custom routes, or use “adventurous” routing that will seek out curvy roads. Also use it for music through my earbuds and using the optional TPMS for the tire pressures. It will also display live weather radar with the optional app.
Used with a Ram mount, it may have come with it, I don’t remember.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts