Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've just installed my third set of saddlebags on my Valkyrie. I started with the Honda bags, but they were so hideous that I removed them almost immediately. Then I adapted a generic set of Viking hardbags to the very well made Honda brackets, and those bags looked great from the side of the bike but stood out way too far from the fenders to look right from the front or rear of the bike. Now I've installed a set of Tourmaster Cruiser III soft bags. These bags are soft, but they keep their slant shape due to a "liner" that's inside them. They come in medium, large and extra large. I got the large to avoid having bags that look too big. I had to remove all of the Honda saddlebag brackets first. The Tourmaster bags lay right up against the fender, and you can not see any air gap between them and the bike. They use a laceable yoke that runs under the passenger seat, and they also have quick-clip retention straps on the lower front and rear of the bags. They come with removable neopreme padding so that the bags don't scratch the paint. They zip on and off the bike.

I tried selling the Honda bags for about half the list price on this forum, but I only got one response and then that guy decided that since they didn't lock that he didn't want them. I sort of talked him out of them anyway because they are so ugly. I finally donated them to a local rescue mission. I'm planning to donate the Viking bags as well. It's been an expensive learning curve, but my Valkyrie finally has good bags on it. I'll post photos if anybody is interested. Ride safe.
DougT

·
Registered
74 Posts
hey doesn't ANYTHING against the paint scratch it? you look at the paint on these bikes the wrong way and it scratches it let alone rubbing up against it along with road dust ect. nice looking bags i must say, good luck with them , be sitting down though when you remove them cause your going to faint after you see the messed up paint!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I installed the OEM leather bags. Perfect fit and great quality. I like the look a lot even better than the Corbin hard bags or any others I have seen. I have seen others fabricate brackets and install hard bags hanging way out off the bike which looks silly. To each their own like and opinion. Wish I found your oem leather bags for sale before I spent $829 for my full set up. Might have saved some coin but I am pleased with my purchase and I don't believe I could be any happier unless I got them for substantially less or free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts