Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Achilles ATR-k Economist All-season Radial 175/55-17 Amazon about $$48
I let the tire pressure slip down to about 30lbs and the ride and cornering improved. Went back to 40lbs. Now, when the ride and cornering improve I know to add air. Happy so far.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry, Farther, I just noticied your unanswered question. There are multiple ways of determining the significant increase in contact patch, including observation when standing both tires side by side (makes it very obvious), and this posting: Facebook . Longer post about contact patch: Log into Facebook

·
Registered
584 Posts
It’s just the logical/rational side my brain keeps telling me that this is not a good idea.
I'm with you, Farther! I always felt that if a motorcycle were intended to have a flat tread, they'd come with them. A round tread is much more conducive to leaning, and no one can convince me otherwise. Basically, you are leaning every second you are on a bike. I know there are many fans of using car tires on bikes, but I will never be one of them. I've been criticized for my views on other forums, and that's fine. To each his own. I can't speak to the experience, having never tried riding that way, but I can definitely state I will never do it. Not to mention, I doubt any Honda dealer is going to do this work, and I prefer something of this level be done at the shop. If motorcycle tires cost a little more and don't last as long, it's a price I'll pay. I'd love to see a scientific study done by an unbiased respected entity to evaluate safety, physics and other factors comparing the two. I've never seen anything like that. Just endorsements from those who have done it.

Richmonder

41 - 47 of 47 Posts