Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either I am getting old or I am brain dead. I saw a post of a modification that I liked where the battery and box covers were painted to match the fenders. As I am about ready to spray mine out, I wanted to see how they handled the Valkyrie logo in each panel and if they painted the inner trim piece or left that black. Of course, I cannot find it because...(See first sentence).

Does anyone recall who posted that or what the discussion title was?

·
Registered
547 Posts
it would look good if you removed the Valkyrie logo and painted the entire side cover. then black out the Logo and re install it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did remove the logo and the inside trim to paint the whole panel. I considered blacking out the chrome but after a quick test, I thought that it got lost in the blue paint so I left it original.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the '14 black version and also wanted to "tone down" the flash of the "Valkyrie" signatures on the side. I agree that, after also considering the option of painting them gloss black to subtly have them stand out a bit, I thought it might be a bit too subtle. What I finally did was to paint (in gloss black) the top surface of the script and not the sides. The chrome sides now highlight the gloss black script against the flat/matte black of the original sidecover for an almost 3-D look. I like the end result.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The badges are held in place by die cut foam tape. They popped off with the side of a credit card and I kept them clean to re-attach with the same tape PLUS a drop of super glue on the back at the locating pin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts