Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All:
I am finding the housing module (for lack of a better name I am aware of) for the gas cab to be increasingly not releasing. To be clear, I am referring to the part that is released when you turn the key near your left leg. Essentially, it often takes me now 5 to 10 turns, pushing the lactch down and pulling up, to get it open. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I have a warranty still, and I imagine this is covered, but the nearest place that would work on it is 2 hours away, and if it is a simple fix, I would prefer to do myself. I am not sure if it is the key to the release mechanism or the mechanism itself; thus, I am asking if others have had this issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would guess that it is the lock cylinder that is the problem. My suggestion is to get it fixed by Honda or it will be an ongoing problem.

Honda didn't spend much money on that cylinder or the one accessible under the right side cover. Both are to keep the owner out but not a potential thief.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Have you had the tank off recently?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea I had that problem, took all of 10 minutes to fix after I found it. Just take the tank cover off, 5 minutes if you have done it before. Maybe 15 minutes if you have not. It is a small pain if you drop the front clip down inside the frame. Been there done that. Just move the routing of the cable and reconnect it to the lid opener. It most likely slipped out of place like mine did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts