Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
981 Posts
Welcome to the forum, BaldyOz! Awesome B&W photo! There's just something about the look of a stock Valk that is so badass. It is a gorgeous machine. Yours reminds me of mine when it first rolled off the delivery truck with only a windshield. I hated the windshield and had designs on eliminating or replacing it with a shorter one, but I've come to like and appreciate it. And since then, I've added a ton of accessories to enhance functionality. Frankly, I think almost anything one adds to the stock Valk detracts from its appearance, but I'm willing to trade form for function to a degree. In your case that windshield looks awesome and magnifies the lines of the bike.

As a photography buff, this image struck me. Sometimes a good B&W photo is better than color. This pic is clear and crisp, framed perfectly by the surrounding trees, and really highlights the lean look of the bike with a slight rearward angle to the view. The entirety of the bike is captured, and slightly left of center (I like images where the subject is not perfectly centered). The composition is simplistic and really highlights the bike without distracting light and surroundings. Well done! Somebody knows a thing or two about photography, and I can't wait to see more from you. I could stare at this image for hours! Beautiful! This should have been in a Honda ad!

Please tell us about your bike and its purchase. And yes, you can and will learn a lot about this bike on this forum. Just about any question you can think of has been asked and answered at some point. You'll also find some great YouTube content if you do a detailed search. Dan Lockhart has a great channel called "Ride of the Valkyrie" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPar7sTpIdAqpELTvKav7-Q, and one of our former members who recently swapped his Valk for a Gold Wing has a great channel called "Big Smitty Riding" https://www.youtube.com/c/BigSmittyRiding. I also have one called crupert23225 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjB4KKtz7k0I__qhLdrmkKQ. You'll also find some good instructional videos on how to change oil, how to install saddlebags, putting on a belly pan, etc.

Happy to have you here. Happy riding!

Richmonder

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have to agree with Richmonder that your B&W photo immediately grabbed me. Perfect angle, too, which takes an eye. I don't know that I'd seen photo of a 2nd Gen Valkyrie in anything but a color shot. Everything Richmonder said was exactly how I felt. My bike is black, am assuming yours is, too, but I like your photo better than any I've taken of mine. Oh, and welcome, BTW!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Richmonder and Kugo for the very kind welcome and compliment.

The moment I set eyes on this bike I just thought WOW ! And then I sat on it and moved it side to side and again WOW ! For such a big motor the weight distribution is perfect, it certainly doesn’t feel like you have a big six cylinder … in comparison my previous bike was a Kawasaki GT1400, in the States you know them as the Concourse.. it was a lovely bike to ride but at very slow speed turns it felt like it wanted to fall over … it was something I got used to and really had no complaints about the bike … but with spine issues along with all the associated stuff that comes with chronic pain … I sold it.

24 hours later I went to my local bike shop to buy some oil for my Yamaha XJR1300 and saw the Valkyrie….I never did but the oil but I bought the bike. I never procrastinate, life is to short, change your mind, etc do whatever you feel you need to do is my philosophy on life.

The bike is a 2015 model with 14,000k on the odometer, kilometres not miles. I’ve only had it 2weeks and put 2000k on it on 4 rides. I’ve changed the oil and filter and will do the final drive also, amazes me the small amount of oil required for the shaft drive.

I have always loved taking photos, I used to own the expensive SLR film camera’s and multiple lenses, then went digital - again with SLR .. once we started to do some overseas travels I went down to a good compact camera, and now I rarely use anything but my iPhone 13. To me it is all about composing the photo and occasionally edit it to suit what I think looks best. I still take hundreds of what I call happy snaps which are really just memory makers for me. I can laze away an evening just screen viewing all the photos I’ve taken. Below is the original colour photo.

If your at all interested I have a travel blog which is really just about our caravan travels throughout Australia. It’s just a personal blog with some photos, mainly happy snaps. Certainly not a pro site with money making motives. You may have to get past the 1st page as it has an address glitch I can’t fix.

www.niknoff.com

I again thank you for the information given.

Just a thought if my link is against group rules let me know and I can or have it edited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
373 Posts
What really put the size of the motor in perspective for me when I first got my '14 was that my previous biggest-bike experience was an '80 1200cc HD Shovelhead, which I had customized to my ultimate enjoyment. When I got the flat-six Valkyrie, at 1832cc, I had to compare it with my '69 BMW 1600 (cc) two-door hardtop. (Which was a fun car! But it was a car!) Here I had a two-wheel vehicle weighing about a third of my old BMW car and with about 15% more engine size and horsepower and scads more torque. Power-to-weight ratios are a bit different. That's when I figured out I needed to pay attention riding this thing. I love this Valkyrie, but have a heavy respect for it, and I've ridden all my life. (I'm 71, so far.) Enjoy, and ride safe, BaldyOz.

·
Super Moderator
981 Posts
I can't decide whether I like the color or B&W shot better. Much as I like the B&W, I might have to give the edge to the color one since now we can see the bike's actual color. Great images, both.

Big Smitty did a video on how to change final drive, in case you're interested or want a primer.

Your link is fine and doesn't violate any rules.

Like yourself, the minute I saw this bike on a YouTube video, I felt a shiver up my spine and knew I had to own one. It wasn't long after that the process was set in motion, and I have zero regrets.

Since you have the shared passion of Valk ownership and photography, we'll expect you to share some good shots with the forum on a regular basis!

Richmonder

Reactions: BaldyOz

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

Hello mate! From Crested Butte, Colorado. How's that deflector work for you?

I like doing photography too. I've got your site book marked. It's great to see different places in the world and to actually be able to communicate with the posters, better yet.

Here's a link to my personal site. Dan Lockhart

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Dan, thanks .. I’ve been watching your videos on YouTube, I can see how they are becoming more professional the more you film, well done ! Stunning scenery where you live.

The screen on my Valkyrie is very very good, it’s surprised me just how good it is. I get no wind buffering on my helmet at all, not my chest, obviously my arms feel the wind but compared to my GTR1400 touring screen I had this is a lot better.

Just did a nice 208k ride today, could have been a bit warmer .. our Summer is lagging behind our seasons at present .. Valkyrie just purred it’s way around .. effortlessly

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Dan, thanks .. I’ve been watching your videos on YouTube, I can see how they are becoming more professional the more you film, well done ! Stunning scenery where you live.

The screen on my Valkyrie is very very good, it’s surprised me just how good it is. I get no wind buffering on my helmet at all, not my chest, obviously my arms feel the wind but compared to my GTR1400 touring screen I had this is a lot better.

Just did a nice 208k ride today, could have been a bit warmer .. our Summer is lagging behind our seasons at present .. Valkyrie just purred it’s way around .. effortlessly

May I ask what brand the screen is?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts