Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can’t find my manual and I need to remove the front tire from my 2014 Valkyrie and replace it after I get a new tire. I know there is a specific sequence for replacing the wheel such as axle nut torquing, pinch bolt tightening, etc. I don’t recall what it is though and wondered if someone could help me out. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was good for the wheel removal sequence. Now if I could find the recommended installation sequence. I recall something about compressing the front suspension a few times before fully tightening some of the bolts.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here's how they do it at Winker Motorcycle Adventures:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HJmo89Bo8Q

Just want to add, you don't need to take both calipers off to get the wheel off/on. Just take one off and let it hang. Once the wheel is off I slide a wooden shim between the brake pads in each caliper. This will push in the pistons so you have a lot more room to slide the wheel back on without interference and prevent accidental piston movement if the brake lever is accidentally squeezed.

·
Registered
547 Posts
not taking off both calipers is a short cut and it works. taking off both calipers is 2 minutes but then they hang close to the wheel and fender unless you take the fender keeper bolts off and let them drop further out of the way, just minor issue. but leaving the caliper on risk Scratching the powder coated wheel rims if you aren't careful when taking the wheel off and putting back on. I prefer to get the calipers out of the way.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good points about the brake calipers. I try to avoid scratches whenever possible. I’m retired now so I take twice as long to do jobs as I used to so I’ll pull both calipers. One last question, how high does the front wheel have to be raised above the ground in order to clear beneath the fender?

·
Registered
547 Posts
if lifting you bike high enough is of concern, you can always remove the front fender first.
IF your bike has a centerstand, you could put sizeable weight on the rear seat and the front wheel will lift enough to remove it. fender first.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I’ve never had the front fender off, but it sounds like a good option. My previous bike (Honda ST1300) had a very difficult fender to remove without scratching it. I’ll take a look.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts