Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had to replace worn out tire at 8000 miles. hard to get factory front tire cheap enough so purchased michelin commander 2 120/70/r19. so far made steering way easier and at 100 mph seems as good as dunlop. no rain yet so dont know about quality in rain. read some good comments on commander 2, and folks claim way better longevitive. will see. tire cost 153.00 plus tax and $27. to mount and balance at honda dealer.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My front tire was shot at only 6000 mi Put a shinko777 bias ply same size as oe it Went 14,000 mi feels fine.Put another just like it recently- My original Rear tire went 11,500,I put a shinko 009 raven on rear, ready to change it soon it Has almost 12,500 mi.Dunlop roadsmart2 next for rear $93.00 on ebay!

·
Registered
269 Posts
I use the mich 2 also and got about 12k miles out of my last one and nearing that on my 2nd. I ran the mich road 4 on my rear and recently replaced it with the road 5. So far liking it, but not enough time to tell about longevity.

·
Registered
547 Posts
y'all must be very hard on your tires or ride in a lot of gravel. here is stock front at 12k smiles. I would ride it another thou, but am bugging out in 2 weeks for the smokies ~ another 4k worth. so I will change this perfectly good tire for this more new shoe.

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Poncho, looks like your down to the wear bars in pic#1. I too like to get all the miles i can out of a tire. They do seem to track poorly when they get to that last bit if tread. I put Cobra Chrome tires on this year. If i get 10,000 miles out if the back one that's ok because i got a goid price and $ 60.00 rebate. Tires have improved over the years but 20,000 miles would be great.

Reactions: RRoy

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm pushing it with my stock front, just hit 12k miles and it looks about as worn as Poncho's.

I was considering Pirelli, but I'll be putting Commander IIs on after reading the reviews, particularly regarding the longevity aspect.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Poppas got a brand new shoe. its time to cut up some rug. I tossed that perfectly good stock tire at 12k smiles and put on this Dunlop Elite 3 weeks ago as I was scheduled to do my annual tree hugger run up the blue ridge parkway. all this climate change is throwing road blocks in my travel plans. 3 severe winter storm systems have blanket the US these past three weeks. I did manage to squeeze out 5 days of camping and hiking with the pooch here locally between storms. So, IF there is a 7-9 day window of temperate weather next T'week, I will bug out east along the gulf coast toward Florida. I have family there to visit.
I have ridden on this tire a couple hunerd miles around the lakes here. it seems to perform well. time and miles will tell. when I get back, the plan at 15-16k miles is to put the matching new shoe on the back end of this sled. the Weather is the go, no go trigger. ponchout

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts