Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Gorgeous photo. I see you have a safety tether for your camera. Good call. That paint just looks lustrous.

Richmonder

Reactions: Ruben.Fred

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gorgeous photo. I see you have a safety tether for your camera. Good call. That paint just looks lustrous.

Richmonder
Yeah, you know the suction mount never came off in the two years that I've been using it. You've seen how much the fairing shakes. But I was washing the bike in the driveway and it came off. I had a bunch of tethers, why not use them?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Suction mounts WILL eventually fail. Every one of them I've ever used has failed eventually. I used to use them on GPS units and they'd always fall off the windshield. The endless cycles of cold and heat and humidity changes degrade the rubber on them and it gets brittle and loses its grip. Never put your faith in them and always use a tether.

Richmonder

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suction mounts WILL eventually fail. Every one of them I've ever used has failed eventually. I used to use them on GPS units and they'd always fall off the windshield. The endless cycles of cold and heat and humidity changes degrade the rubber on them and it gets brittle and loses its grip. Never put your faith in them and always use a tether.

Richmonder
I have one for my Garmin and it fails quite regularly. The GoPro mount is much bigger. I have confidence it (the GoPro) would have stayed on if I would have cleaned it and the fairing, but why take a chance? I hear you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts