Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO
Im new to club i bought 3 motorcycles in a year And just couldn't get satisfied.Then one day one of my buddy called and said he had just dropped off the perfect bike at my home he thought i would like he said when he seen it all he could do is see me riding this beast with big chrome engine hanging off both sides it was just me. Someone had hit a curb direct on and bent the forks and front wheel i found everything for $700 bucks And had to force my buddy to tell me what he had paid he was doing a tile job for a guy and it was in his garage collecting dust he traded the guy $1100 worth of work i forced him to let me pay him ive got less than 2 grand in my bike I had allways rode dirt bikes as a kid now my kids are grown and i decided i wanted to cruise the Tennessee mountains Lived hear my whole life and still finding beautiful places most only dream of. When i got bike together i took it up road with no helmet and it was frezzing cold at midnight i froze out in about 2 miles but in one mile i was in love . This is the most smooth running and gliding machine i have ever been on . I cant get enough time with my 2nd love and my 1st love just loves it to.
But i would like to add just a little more tone to exzaust but not a constant roar, just when i decide to let a little thrust loose any suggstions

·
Registered
130 Posts
Congrats on the good find,
Post some photos!

As for the exhaust, to be honest, I personally prefer the oem exhaust, on both my 1st gen Valk and my 2nd Gen Valk.
On my 1st gen, I had a custom full exhaust, built to be quiet and beautiful but still improve performance. It was not worth it, after less than a month I took it off and sold it.
The flat 6 cylinder engine (IMHO) has too much "drone" on the highway when using aftermarket pipes.
Part of the allure of the Valk and its wonderful engine, is that its so civilized, smooth, quiet, yet powerful. Adding a wall of sound to that, just did not work for me. I went back to a stock exhaust and never changed it.

On the 1st gen valk, there are a few performance mods you can do.
One easy one is a K&N air filter.
Another simple mod is to use a Valkyrie Interstate ECU (electronic ignition/timing module) the Interstate was tuned a bit higher because it carried significantly more weight and had more frontal area.
The interstate fuel tank is a direct replacement for the std valkyrie as well, and it carried more fuel (the 1st gen valkyries were thirsty) I had a belly tank on mine.

I had an aftermarket ignition module that was adjustable, I can't remember the brand, but it did make a nice difference.
I do believe, top end, my '98 Valk was faster than my '14 Valk.

Enjoy your new ride!

Tazmool

·
Registered
866 Posts
Welcome! And yes - pics, please! Sounds like you got a real bargain and fixed it up into a gem!

Richmonder

·
Registered
807 Posts
And so the story repeats: you ride it, you buy it. All your prejudices about the appearance of it disappear and, as rockytop so beautifully describes, you fall in love with the smooth, bottomless power. That flat six is indeed a thing of rare beauty. Welcome to the club mate.

·
Registered
163 Posts
HELLO
Im new to club i bought 3 motorcycles in a year And just couldn't get satisfied.Then one day one of my buddy called and said he had just dropped off the perfect bike at my home he thought i would like he said when he seen it all he could do is see me riding this beast with big chrome engine hanging off both sides it was just me. Someone had hit a curb direct on and bent the forks and front wheel i found everything for $700 bucks And had to force my buddy to tell me what he had paid he was doing a tile job for a guy and it was in his garage collecting dust he traded the guy $1100 worth of work i forced him to let me pay him ive got less than 2 grand in my bike I had allways rode dirt bikes as a kid now my kids are grown and i decided i wanted to cruise the Tennessee mountains Lived hear my whole life and still finding beautiful places most only dream of. When i got bike together i took it up road with no helmet and it was frezzing cold at midnight i froze out in about 2 miles but in one mile i was in love . This is the most smooth running and gliding machine i have ever been on . I cant get enough time with my 2nd love and my 1st love just loves it to.
But i would like to add just a little more tone to exzaust but not a constant roar, just when i decide to let a little thrust loose any suggstions
I had a 1998 Valk for 13 years. I used a couple of foot of 3/8 rod of rebar, sharpened the end to a sharp point and punched several holes (i think three holes per baffle) through the first and second baffle. I then took a couple foot length of 1/2 rebar and punched through the 3/8 holes to further widen it. I thought it made it sound great. Not to loud but I would real the bike running and when opening up the throttle the bike sounded like a jet engine. There is enough range in the carbs that the bike didn't need to be jetted. I then put in a K&N after market air filter so the bike could breath and I added a Lamont trigger wheel for $30 and just woke the bike up. By using the trigger wheel you are advancing the timing a few degrees and have to go to premium but I gained 10 miles per gallon in fuel economy and it became a brand new motorcycle to ride. Advancing the timing moved the horsepower into the 3000 rpm range so you get 100% horsepower earlier than the 5500 rpm.

Attached is a short service manual for the bike for some of the general maintenance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
299 Posts
Well, I hate to rain on the OP’s parade… and he probably won’t read this since he’s a 2 poster BUT what he’s got is called a “sitter” and its not usually good with the 1st Gen bikes people all the time are pulling those dusty bikes out of the garage not knowing any of the service history, riding them awhile and finding out they have to put several thousand into them to bring them up to snuff hopefully you get at least the Carb‘s rear Drive Shaft splines and timing belts done and it doesn’t hydrolock on you, please get on the FB VRCC forum asap answers are there (here’s me being a good little boy and getting SOME of the never ending work done at the shop LoL)

As to the exhaust the only thing available in 2022 is the Cobra 6 into 6 requires carb re-jetting and you loose some HP because they are drag pipes but the sound will make you happy

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts