Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a set of floorboards for sale off a 15 F6B. I was thinking about trying them, I’ve never had a bike with floorboards and heel toe shift. I’m thinking these will fit? And to anyone who has the set up are there any pros or cons?

·
Registered
263 Posts
That question has been discussed over the years, and you may want to search the forum. There are a number of people who really like theirs and a number of people who really don't, like myself. I loved floorboards and the heel/toe shifter on my previous bike, an '80 HD FLT, and thought I'd want them on my '14 Valkyrie. Nope. The engine configuration, being completely different, made it uncomfortable to have floorboards (for me). I also have heard (on the forum) that Mother Honda would void warranties if you brought your bike in with heel/toes. I also read that that had been de-bunked. Warranties aren't much of an issue on them nowadays anyway, but the comfort factor for me left me going with the original pegs and the Rivco Aero highway pegs. I may be mistaken, but if I remember some of his posts correctly, Farther was an advocate of the floorboards. Maybe look for some of his posts on the subject. He always tries to give good advice.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Farther was not/is not an advocate of floor boards. Heel-Toe shifter maybe if I had ever tried them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Floorboards will reduce the lean angle. If using them, make sure you get ones that fold up if grounded otherwise you will be in danger of the rear wheel leaving the ground.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts