Honda Valkyrie F6C Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,I paid a while ago for the fleet liner panniers and they shipped .
I just received 1 LHS pannier and 1 RHS bracket and bottom bracket no bolts or washers yet
Still tracking the other pannier.
Hopefully the other box will have the bolts and washers.
Anny Idea ?
I live in Cairns Queensland Australia

Cheers ☺

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mate everything seems to be taking forever these days. Bloody COVID has screwed everything up. Is yours a late model black Valk? The only other one I've seen in town is a black one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If they are the Corbin bags they should come with the nuts and bolts required. Mine came with a RHS bracket that was way out, I think Jose must have had a bad day when he welded it. Took the mate and I a while to get it cut and re-welded correctly. Unfortunately Corbin aren't interested, I sent them a message about the problem with the bracket and they didn't bother to reply. Guess they don't care after they've sold the product.

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
This is odd when I bought mine it was all shipped together in 2 big boxes all brackets and hardware together I sincerely hope nobody tore into your boxes in the various custom facilities

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is odd when I bought mine it was all shipped together in 2 big boxes all brackets and hardware together I sincerely hope nobody tore into your boxes in the various custom facilities
Thanks mate I just have to wait.lucky I have a tracking number and I know where it is
Always stuff from the US and China is hold by customs longer ,and then released.
But yeh 1 is here and the other not weird anyway

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Are we talking Corbin Fleetliner here by any chance? Just curious
Yes I ordered from the US got 1 pannier ,( this one came free through Customs) Customs Australia was holding the other one.
After Payment tax to Customs AUS $399.74 the second pannier is posted to me .... total cost AUS $5,300 if I ever sell my bike ( I don't) but the price will be with the extra cost of the panniers.
Also bought fender lids so total cost is actually $5,500 .............some people say it's only money hihi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally got the second bag all installed but left bag is way up
(6mm. ) contacted Corbin but according to them no fault
Agree the Corbin after service is crap, paid lots for this Althea WY from US to OZ
Sent many pictures but again Corbin said it's all fine.
I have a mechanical background and was also in to fabrication in the past life.
I will change the whole thing to make it fit ,but again very disappointing from Corbin.
Will update soon

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Wow, that is horribly disappointing after laying out that kind of cash and being excited for your purchase. I have not mounted Corbin bags, only stock OEM Honda bags so I'm not much help. Hope you find some resolve.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I finally got the second bag all installed but left bag is way up
(6mm. ) contacted Corbin but according to them no fault
Agree the Corbin after service is crap, paid lots for this Althea WY from US to OZ
Sent many pictures but again Corbin said it's all fine.
I have a mechanical background and was also in to fabrication in the past life.
I will change the whole thing to make it fit ,but again very disappointing from Corbin.
Will update soon
Sorry to see that, yours is not the first report like that I've heard. Mine fit better than that, but the gap between each bag and the fender is obviously not uniform if one is specifically looking at that aspect, although no one but me ever mentioned it and I thought perhaps because I mis-positioned a washer, and could probably use washers to correct it, but not worth the time to me. The height by your turn signal is quite odd. That lower brace between the two bags, I just installed while the bags were lightly hanging on the horizontal upper bolts and then tightened everything down, but you sound much more handy than me so probably tried that already.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, that is horribly disappointing after laying out that kind of cash and being excited for your purchase. I have not mounted Corbin bags, only stock OEM Honda bags so I'm not much help. Hope you find some resolve.
The fleetliner saddlebags are now bolted correctly fitted.
After I made some changes to the brackets, and with the correct bolts and washers. (the included bolts where way to short to bolt the bottom of the bags).
Still no pos feedback from Corbin but again according to them it was all perfect.
I found more people with the same problem ,pretty sad from Corbin.:mad:
Here are the pictures with the final result

Attachments

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well your finished product looks awesome. Good thing you have the skills to correct Corbin's mess. That's a shame, you'd think they would have a Quality system in place, including better Customer Service. It's all worth it when you see your finished product now,
Looks Sharp(y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well your finished product looks awesome. Good thing you have the skills to correct Corbin's mess. That's a shame, you'd think they would have a Quality system in place, including better Customer Service. It's all worth it when you see your finished product now,
Looks Sharp(y)
Thanks 👍😊

·
Registered
2014 Honda Valkyrie
273 Posts
I still wonder and maybe its the angle but in your final picture it seems like there is a big gap between the bags and the fender like big enough to stick your pinky in there mine are fairly snug up against the fender but then again it may just be the the angle I’m looking at but they
Seem to be closer when it was ”crooked”

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Because the difference in the 2 bags I can not changed it.
No matter what I do, but again according to Corbin it's all fine.
But you have to look twice to notice, I actually drilled the wholes bigger to make it all fit. So nice to pay top $$$$$$ for a so called quality product.
Thanks for your feedback

·
Registered
263 Posts
You've done a great job dealing with the hassle and making it right, which is all that's important. No one but you and God (and now, this Forum!) will ever, ever notice a difference. (And sometimes it's just God gently reminding you that there is only One Most Perfect thing in the universe, so stop tryin'.) :cool:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I am surprised and disappointed that Corbin dismissed your concerns in such disinterested fashion. I really don't know what they could do, but their response was less than accountable. Shame on them. Anyway, they look good and as Kugo said, few would even notice the difference.

Richmonder

1 - 20 of 21 Posts